1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Things that annoy me

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Mission Auto, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    'Lectro, my curiosity got to me so I went out for a high-speed test this morning. 73 miles of freeway driving. I tried to maintain 75 to 80 mph (traffic permitting) and briefly up to 83. I was very satisfied (and surprised) at how "planted" the car felt, even with the rain grooves cut into the pavement.

And the steering with my 15" Toyo tires felt normal... very nice... pretty much the same as if I was driving 55. (I have them inflated to only 2 or 3 above the recommended 36/35.) It was a good test, and I got 67 mpg "from the flag" during that 73 miles. Can't complain about that! :)

lar.smith42 and 'LectroFuel like this.
  2. booke02

booke02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Quite the opposite of my experience. What tire pressures do you have?

Coast Cruiser likes this.
  3. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    36 front / 37 rear. My wheels might be out of alignment, but I doubt it. I've hit a couple parking spot curbs.:giggle: I also might just be used to my 2005, which had no steering feel whatsoever. I like light steering over heavy, so I'm mostly happy with the steering weight.(y)

4. Coast Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    From another thread...

While this came from TOYOTA UK or Europe, it's one of the best descriptions of the improvements I've read.
    THE NEW TOYOTA PRIUSTHE REBIRTH OF THE PIONEER
    Thanks Alan. I found this part very interesting, since I always use the PWR mode:

"Power mode gives emphasis to acceleration feel.
    The new Prius benefits from a drive assist system to provide a more responsive driving experience. The adaptive system continuously monitors the vehicle’s G-forces to understand driver behaviour and habits, a function activated when the driver selects Power mode. The hybrid system responds to the driver’s desire for more sporty performance, adjusting engine braking performance and throttle response."

I wonder how it monitors the vehicle's G-forces to understand driver behavior? G-forces???
    PWR mode even adjusts the engine braking performance?

I don't quite understand it, but my Prius sure seems to drive better and perform better. :D

'LectroFuel likes this.
  5. Coast Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Link to article, above, provided by alanclarkeau. Great article.