1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Things to look for in used Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by rhsanborn, Apr 5, 2013.

1. rhsanborn

rhsanborn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm going to look at, and hopefully buy a 2010 Prius III tomorrow. It has 39k miles on it. It's a few hours drive, so I'll be making my final decision after my first review. Are there any things I should be looking for that I should be concerned about? I'm probably getting a SGII anyway, is it worth while to get it tonight and look for troublesome values that might indicate issues? Any help would be hugely appreciated.

I'm trading in a 2011 Buick Regal. I'm looking forwarding to going from 27 mixed MPGs to over 50.

2. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    You would need to set up the HV battery xGauge settings to see the health of the HV battery with an SG, but at that low a mileage, the HV battery should be fine.

JeffD

TsKarma likes this.
  3. TsKarma

TsKarma Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I am assuming the carfax on the vehicle is clean. Use your scan gauge to chk the 12v battery health. There are few links here regarding the appropriate voltage in case u r not aware.
    I like to pay attention to Wheel alignment on a straight path. Ther are a few fuel efficient tires fit for the Prius, so I would see if the tires size and thread health are appropriate as well.
    Is this Prius being sold by a Toyota dealer? They usually have a decent warranty for their used vehicles...
    You may even want to test drive a 2010 Prius iii ahead of time at a nearby Toyota dealer so that you can compare