1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

THINK CONSUMERS WILL BUY ALTERNATIVE FUELS? THINK AGAIN

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Areometer, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    THINK CONSUMERS WILL BUY ALTERNATIVE FUELS? THINK AGAIN

As prices at the pump rise, most Americans say they want improved gasoline economy more than alternative fuels for their vehicles, according to consumer polling by Kelley Blue Book.

“More than 50% really want their good old-fashioned engines, but with better fuel economy,†says Rick Wainschel, Kelley’s vice president-marketing research. In the past, Americans reacted predictably to gas-price jumps. “People are jolted, then they adjust,†says Jack Nerad, Kelley’s executive editorial director and market analyst. “We’ll see if that happens this time around.â€

>> Read More

2. eanda9000

eanda9000 New Member

Bill O'Riley woud disagree with this. He thinks that hybrids are not the solution and that alternative fuels are. Therefore, hybrids are the way to go as I have lost all respect for mr. bill.

3. DaveOrgans

DaveOrgans New Member

Its true, Hybrids are not the FINAL answer, and eventually we all will be driving cars using non-petroleum fuel, BECAUSE there won't be any more petroleum. Either that, or we won't be driving at all. The key word here is EVENTUALLY. So, given that alternate fuels will eventually rule, I consider the Prius an interim step until that time. That still leaves the hybrids as the most logical choice for thinkers.

4. ServoScanMan

ServoScanMan Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I was at work sitting at the break table yesterday listening to all the Ford and Chevy guys talk about the flex fuel vehicles and how ethanol is the way to go. Since I am a former crew chief for two methanol burning dragsters I brought up the fact that alcohol is corrosive and your fuel mileage will be much less. They looked at me like I was crazy :lol: I guess the big 3 car makers have them brainwashed. Then I told them the next crisis in America will be water... And there won't be enough water to keep all the crops growing for their ethanol burning vehicles. ;) And then one of them smart dudes said, "Yea, but I'm a FORD man." :huh: