1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Think I saw my first Black Cherry Persona Prius today...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by OceanEyes, Nov 17, 2012.

1. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The color was unmistakeable and gorgeous - a rich, rich burgundy. I was in MA, shopping when she drove by and the color made me gasp... my friend who was with me (in any Prius for the very first time) did not understand at first - I said the color! Check out the color on that Prius!

My friend asked a lot of questions about my Prius... at a stoplight when she shut down - "Is this car even on?" She enjoyed the "parking lot stalk" in electric mode - I mentioned pedestrians don't hear it... and they did not so I kept a respectful distance until someone "heard something" and stopped walking in the middle of the aisle. She also laughed when we passed some bigger trucks "dogging it." "I can't believe the pick up in this car....":D

And at each stop, the mpg was creeping up - we averaged 58.1 to 62.1 mpg. I took it down to half of a tank and to fill it on the relatively inexpensive (3.61 a gallon) MA gasoline was $20.30. Nice change from the diesel but I had to record the numbers secretly and punch them into Fuelly when my friend ran into a store I did not need to visit.;) I don't want her to see how much Kool Aid I am really consuming....

I love my Prius 4 in the Sea Pearl Glass but that Black Cherry color, if continued in the future, just might have to be "my next color" if the accessories are matching.

dmvp, JMD, WE0H and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Sure am glad it looked good in person. Here is how I pictured it in my mind:
    [​IMG]

OceanEyes likes this.
  3. schlem

schlem Polygeek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Delicious Kool-Aid, indeed. I delight in seeing all the Prii in Seattle, and I've come find the trademark shape lovely. I think the Gen II might actually be prettier than the Gen III. Alas, the plight of the late-adopter.

OceanEyes likes this.
  4. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wazup Todd? de WE0H ..

Seaglass is a very cool color. That was my second choice behind Blizzard Pearl. Have to see that Black Cherry in some good pics or in person.

Mike

OceanEyes likes this.
  5. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Oh no, not Barney! :eek:

It was a rich, velvety cabernet or merlot sort of color.

6. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I am a fan of the trademark shape as well...

I think the Kool Aid makes you notice every Prius on the road and we saw a lot of them yesterday. I was going to pick up a housewarming gift for my friend and an older gentleman stopped and asked me "How do you like that car?" I told him I loved it and he said he was thinking getting one but wondered if he could run it only on gas and was asking his mechanic about it?! (Maybe the "newfangled" engine was a bit much for someone who grew up on regular gasoline engines.) I told him the hybrid engine makes it more efficient and it is fun to drive.

I had my friend in stitches later as I parked at a store behind a line up of old classic cars - 1968 Corvette (I think) and other 1950s and 1960s models in the reds, red and whites and blues of that era. The parking was close to the store and I was behind the classics and there were no markers "not to park there." She started laughing at me and noted "Here you go, parking that Prius near the classics." :LOL:

Yeah, but back in the day when folks drove those cars every day, they dreamed of a "spaceship" like mine.

My friend no sooner got in the car and she had the manuals open, trying to program the GPS (I figured that out after reading the book) and was happily playing with the radio. She was going to bring her Garmin but I told her, we don't need it - there is one built into the car... and she was in awe.:D She said, "Nice car but I am not buying one." I silently said to myself... "Yet..."

schlem and WE0H like this.