1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Think the Gen 4 is Ugly? Look at this!

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by William Redoubt, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Priifan

Priifan Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I love the interior of the Gen 4! And the exterior, too! The rear lights grow on you over time if you don't like them at first.
    While we are fortunate that most car thieves don't know how to drive a Prius, they are more than happy to smash the windows and grab whatever they can in Bay Area (California) parking lots. Admired a new one just like mine going into the Golden Gate Park last weekend, and coming out two hours later noticed a rear window smashed out. What a shame.

Reading earlier posts on this thread, I hate to tell you guys that the kind of car you drive determines whether you can get a date with a woman maybe up to age 20, but a more mature lady is looking at much more than just your wheels. I would steer clear of a guy who drives a Vette (unless it is his second or third car) because there is no room for the many things a couple need to enjoy life. That car screams "I want to remain single the rest of my driving years," out loud...at least to me. There are plenty of fast, comfortable riding, four door cars that can hold friends and family when you need to and still provide a thrilling drive. I would date a fellow with a large, clean Tesla or even a nice Gen 4 any day over a guy with a muscle car. And so would most of my female friends. Much more important is how you treat the woman, not what car you drive. And if you are a good driver. (We value our lives, too!)

pilotgrrl, RCO and Prodigyplace like this.
  2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    …uuuugggghhhh! …barf! …Roooolllffff! …Huuuughhhhiiieeeee!

kithmo and Mendel Leisk like this.
  3. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Darn it! Now she tells me and I'm happily married already and over this side of the pond.... :love: :ROFLMAO:

Priifan, kithmo and Prodigyplace like this.
  4. tucatz

tucatz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    All of the new generation toyotas are ugly. Uhhhg-Lee! My Prius 4 touring included. The rear tail lights are hideous, I would hate to be the car behind me. But I bought one anyway. The new civics are worse. A stupid looking mess.

Teslas on the other hand - nice! Smooth, simple, classic and sexy. The model 3 and model S both look great and aerodynamic and will stand the test of time. The model X is rather bulky like a weather balloon or something. I really wish Toyo would go with this styling.

5. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Fashions change, as do car designs. Get over it and move on, please. :censored:

WilDavis and William Redoubt like this.
  6. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Fashions may change, but ugly is forever. :(

7. tucatz

tucatz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
  8. William Redoubt

William Redoubt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    One thing I have noticed that as I have gotten older middle-aged women have become more attractive. Tastes change.

One day you will look at your Four and wish you hadn't sold it (wrecked it, had it repossessed, gave it to charity).

orenji, RCO and Prodigyplace like this.
  9. William Redoubt

William Redoubt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I could go for a piece of that cake!

10. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I love the way the 4G looks. It doesn't look like every other car out there.

It's far better looking than most of the bland domestic product and some of the truly homely cars like the Hyundai Veloster and the new Honda Civic. I can hear Tom and Ray Magliozzi laughing about those two vehicles in my head...

orenji, Harters and RCO like this.
  11. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't say the same about my body style, but I really don't care any longer. O-oh, that's gonna go straight to Fred's House of Pancakes!!:cautious:

pilotgrrl likes this.
  12. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Tesla is too bland. The model S is already looking old. Prius Gen 3 still looks modern and fresh. The 4 is way better looking then any Tesla.

RCO likes this.