1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Think Twice About Scamming On these sites

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by durallymax, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Basically, don't breathe too much diesel exhaust. It may cause you to use poor judgement and buy products on the internet from obvious scammers.

2. durallymax

durallymax Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i summed it up on the first page for you

3. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    the way your adressing this is so wrong
    NO i dont commit fraud and wil never i hope have to do so.
    you make it sound like its a normal thing....:eek:

talking about stereotypich duramax, diesel, big truck = posting things like this? =.........

4. durallymax

durallymax Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I dont Know.

Its your forum, your cars, im just a troll.

I offered it up incase anybody was bored and wanted to read it, or just as a precautionary statement to some because unlike Prius owners were not all Perfect, and everybody gets scammed in their life whether they know it or not.

Take it or leave it or delete it. Fine by me.

Thank You.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If this was really an altruistic post then thanks for posting. Maybe it will help someone.

6. durallymax

durallymax Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Why else would I post it. I dont agree with everything those guys are doing over there to th ekid and his family. But it goes to show the power of the internet and should make people think twice before commiting fraud on a forum. Even though its apparent Prius owners are immune to it.

7. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    so thats a good thing
    internet helping to prevent scammers from wanting to start scamming.

i personally would not want to warn scammers because those people desert it

would you want to warn a serial killer not to kill anymore becauuse maybe people would want to catch him?
    i will not warn him but turn him in ;-)

8. durallymax

durallymax Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This kid is something like 19 that scammed these guys im sure if he wouldve seen this before hand he wouldve shit a brick.

So what good does that do? Prevent other people from loosing money. Was this scammer obvious? Fairly. But thats not always the case, some are longtime members with thousands of posts that one day decide to scam somebody.

9. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow some of you guys are pretty rude when the guy is trying to perform an Internet public service. This has been reposted on a few of the car forums I frequent (PriusChat is typically the last of the forums to see such things, for evidently good reason).

Basically, kid fraudulently tries to sell power foldup mirrors to forum members incl. the forum owner, takes their money. Subsequently gets his name/address/phone/facebook of him, gf, and parents posted for all the Internets to see. Forum owner starting a website to combat this: forumscammer.com

10. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    one day i maybe go crazy and start killing people
    just maybe i also oneday start scammeing people out of there money.

but its not that you posted this because its OK to post a story
    but then you start telling people its maybe smarter not so scam somebody because with the internet poeple can be al over you and you get people visiting you at home!
    WELL sure!! you scammend someone do you think you can get away wth that .. wel i hope not.

so its not that you posted this story its the way you presented it:)

and yes i dont like diesels:p

11. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You expect me to go all the way to the previous page of this thread? Like I have that kind of time?

12. wint

wint New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    He isnt saying that you guys are scammers, just making you aware of the situation. This is also a chance to watch your back and not be scammed.

Why not? Upset they get better mileage than your over priced battery with wheels?:boink:

13. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I couldn't agree more. PCers seem to be more mellow where other forums are more hyped up. I totally understand why PSN want to spread the word of this scammer. More power to them. I hope the kid gets his nice person thrown in jail and had to pay restitution and barred from using any type of telecommunication devices until age of 25 as part of his probation. Imagine a teenage kid that can't use a computer, telephone, cellphone, can't have access to internet, and texting.

I wish there's a picture of him somewhere so it can be photochopped and plastered all over the net as a scammer. I kept thinking of those pictures of Nigerian scammers holding up signs that says "I'm a dumbass" or the The Powerbook Prank: He wanted a Powerbook. We gave him a P-P-P-Powerbook! powerbook scammer that backfired.

14. durallymax

durallymax Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    oo theres tons and tons of pictures of him in that thread, many of them photochopped, and a few of his girlfriend ms. laycock.

15. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Was his girlfriend part of the scam or an innocent bystander? He's responsible for his actions, but unless it's known that she participated, it will not help your cause to insult her.

16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    this thread is a scam. dm, are you that bored that you had to come back and try to make us miserable again? and wilt, what are you, his lover? how did you show up all of a sudden? go back to your black smoke choke folk.

17. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I don't have anything against DM, but I am scratching my head why he thought it useful to start a thread. Scams are a dime a dozen every day, and it is not exactly novel that a scammer takes advantage of personal relationships, communities, naivete, and trust.

As for the abused forum members acting out -- <shrug>
    Personally, I try to avoid scams by keeping perspective and buying with a credit card that has consumer protection. If the scammer is a big enough douche bag the credit card company and feds will go after him(her), and land a whole lot more hurt than I ever could. In the meantime the diesel crowd would be well advised to avoid actions that can land them in hot water. Invasion of privacy, e.g., can be expensive.

18. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Fortunately I'm a better judge of potential trolls than you are, my friend. Have you ever read his linkback posts on his home forum? IMO his altruism runs skin deep. As long as he continues to involve PC in conversations on hi sohome forum and in a negative manner then I have zero use for him and his ilk. He is an instigator, plain and simple.

19. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There's nothing wrong with what OP did. He's spreading word around about a scammer and actions forum members have done against him. It's funny to read. This guy has conned thousands from people and being an nice person about it. If the scammer conned a person or 2 out of a few dollars then it might not be a big deal. There are people right here in PC that got scammed by another PCer. http://priuschat.com/forums/private-sales/86310-scangauge-ii-sale-again.html smells fishy. To OP don't listen to these clowns. They have to option to NOT READ THE THREAD.

20. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Go read the other forum again. There was absolutely no reason for the OP to link back to PC after stiring the pot. He instigates his friends on the other forum to sign onto PC and talk shit. This is not the first time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.