1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking about buying a Prius C

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by agreendc, Jun 30, 2013.

1. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Yeah... I have no problem traveling at 80 mph if I want to... I usually am content to drive 56 because I can't drive 55...

agreendc likes this.
  2. Sperez201

Sperez201 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It does get up to 70 - but the torque doesn't hold up the speed - it might register 70 on the speedometer - it's probably in my head - but it's just not the same - with the 70 I registered on my prius 2 today... It's all uphill...ask anybody from LA - 10 east up the Kellogg to Cal Poly or
    up the 57 north on the tonner canyon... If you are ever in Los Angeles, pm me - and will drive up that way. Thank you for the comments .... But the bottom line is I still am in a prius, a prius 2.

ztanos likes this.
  3. wmo168

wmo168 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Yea, I drove to both I10 and 57 North often before when I live over there and it is quite demanding as the car drop in speed going up the hill and everyone is flooring their gas pedal. I really need to try to drive that in a prius or go up to the canyon when driving to Vegas... :)

4. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If you're upside down in your current car-keep it, trading it in would be a financial disaster!

5. Drdiesel

Drdiesel Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Not always. It depends on what he owes. How much he can get the new car for. Rebates and financing rates.
    They've been offering ZERO interest rates and $500 in rebates. If he's paying interest, a zero loan will off-set it enough to benefit from a purchase. Someone else on PC was in the same boat and came out saving money. It's not always as cut and dry as you might think :cool:

6. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Since he explained his situation a few posts back. He traded it in for a $2600 loss.

7. agreendc

agreendc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I traded in my Chevy Cruze for a loss... quite a loss, more than I care to mention. However, in order to get anywhere near the 30 combined mpgs I needed to use at least 91 oct fuel, in my area that is about $.30 a gallon.

Between saving about $70 a month in fuel, having 0% financing versus about 5%, and owning the prius in 60 months versus the about 67 months I had left on my Cruze. It was worth losing my behind on the trade.