1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking about getting a black prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BlckPrius, Jul 26, 2006.

1. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlckPrius @ Jul 26 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]292784[/snapback]</div>
    Answer to part one: WE HAVE TOO MANY LAWYERS IN CALIFORNIA. But I am not complaining in this case, since it could, maybe, benefit me one day. HOWEVER...that is NOT likely, based on performance stats to date for this whole line.

And we allow distaff members to join the club...kinda. As long as you at least OCCASIONALLY have a chick with you, we'll probably give you a pass! B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbarnhart @ Jul 26 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]292794[/snapback]</div>
    Ummm....more like a cult, kinda like PriusChat! :rolleyes:

2. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlckPrius @ Jul 26 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]292784[/snapback]</div>
    Here's info from the CARB website:

Vehicles receiving the PZEV credit have near-zero evaporative emissions and their emission control equipment has a 15-year/150,000 mile warranty. Vehicles receiving the AT-PZEV credit also make use of "ZEV-enabling" clean technologies such as alternative fuel, electric drives or other advanced technology systems.

California (and the northeastern states that follow the same criteria) have the PZEV and AT-PZEV ratings. I *think* all other states only go as high as SULEV. A SULEV rating does not require the longer warranty, but the AT-PZEV rating does--and Toyota decided it could give the longer "emissions" warranty because of the gasoline mixture we have in CA (it's cleaner than other states).

3. Sid

Sid New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlckPrius @ Jul 26 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]292576[/snapback]</div>
    My only advice is to avoid black, depending on where you live.
    I had a black Honda Accord for 10 years and it was always hot in the summer, late spring, and early fall even with the air conditioner running. Then as it got older, the AC would fail requiring repair, and cost aside, the ride was uncomfortable until I could get the time to have it serviced. Oh, I live in south-eastern Pennsylvania.

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbarnhart @ Jul 26 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]292794[/snapback]</div>
    And what a color it is!! :wub:
    The Saturn I had for the 10 years prior to getting the Prius was black (er, black-gold...but still black!) and I wouldn't want my Prius any other color (although Seaside Pearl and Magnetic Gray were my 2nd choices for a couple months there). I only wash mine once a week, sometimes every 2 weeks and have had no issues with it 'looking dirty' or whatever it is people find to complain about with black cars. Also no issues with the heat out here either, even with the monthlong 90-100 degree temp heatwave we had in July here in SoCal. :rolleyes: B)

I fully intend on keeping this car for 10+ years or however long it will (out)last me. If my Saturn could last that long with 180K on the odo, I have no doubt that a Toyota (built for reliability and dependability!) will have NO problem doing the same, wait no, BETTER than a GM vehicle any day. I do plan on purchasing the extended warranty when I get close to 36K miles or 3 years though, just to keep things on the safe side. Better safe than sorry!! ;)