1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking about trading in the Pri...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mystery Squid, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Venturer

Venturer New Member

Mystry Squid, Last month, I bought an 03 Dodge 2500 SLT crew w/matching topper pretty loaded including remote start . It had 28,000 miles and showroom clean. Paid $20,500 for it. The seats are very comfortable, but it rides like a lumber wagon when empty, gets 17mpg on the highway and about 12 in and out of fields in our business. That Hemi sure does perform when you hit it. It's just a parts chaser and fill-in truck, but with a little weight, is great to drive. Like my son proclaims: It's a MANS truck. (I personally like Chevys)

Doug

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well that pretty much sums it up! Glad to hear that we'll have you sticking around PC for a while longer. :D

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

:lol: Thanks!

Oh yeah, one more tip for the car buying public:

I noticed dealerships tend to NOT want you to be around while starting up a car in the cold. This particular salesman kept insisting I stay warm inside the dealership. You NEED to be out there LISTENING to any noises the vehicle may make upon cold start up. Ford, for example, had a few model years whereas certain trucks would experience "piston slap" upon cold start up. And that's only ONE potential issue...

So please, if anyone is going to do any test driving, make sure you listen for noises on cold start ups.

;)

4. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Good point MS. We start every used vehicle every morning because of said problems.

5. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I proclaim: it comliments one's c**k size, or lack thereof

6. Mystery Squid

Dude, that sounds like a SWEET deal! Unfortunately, I don't know too much about Dodges... The only thing I know, is that I didn't like the "feel" of the 1500 I test drove... Plus, the dealer didn't take the time to really clean it up. :angry:

7. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    You are making me blush maggieddd. :p

8. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

but you said you were 23% bigger than average so you are OK

9. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Whew! :D

10. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

but then again you did just buy that Silverado and you never told me whether the 23% bigger than average was before you bought it or after

11. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    No I was driving a Colorado not a Silverado and the answer is before and after!

12. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

what's the difference between the two? Same shit in a different wrapper?

13. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

who will be first, Malorn or Squid, both typing fast to reply

14. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Such harsh words. There is actually quite a difference between the two. The silverado is full-size and the Colorado is mid-size. Engines, transmission options are completely different. I think I have had too much coffee this morning, I can't seem to break away.

15. Mystery Squid

Then again, what IS the big deal if someone wants a truck just because they feel they need to feel like a "real man"? How is it personally offensive to anyone?

Sure, I may think it's shallow, but hey, as long as that's what they enjoy, what's the problem? Isn't that the sort of thing that makes this country great? I would certainly not think any more, or less, of someone who bought a Prius just because the felt that doing so would be cool. Who cares?!!

16. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I will catch a ton of flak for saying this, but this morning I drove to a building project we are undertaking and it is snowing like crazy here. Full-size Tahoe Z71 with Auto 4X4 and stabilitrak, you can't even tell it is snowing blazing up the road. :D

17. Mystery Squid

So mal, here's a question for you, you're a dealer, what would you, realistically, give me for my Prius if I walked into your dealership TODAY? I need to get inside the head of a dealership, do they have some local market data for their basis, or do they lo-ball right off the bat simply for negotiation purposes?

18. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

what makes this country great? that a guy can feel like a real man when he has a BIG c**k? what makes one think so?
    I don't find it offensive, I just think that they have some kind of chemical imbalance in their brain. It's a different story when you have it to serve a purpose vs. big c**k wannahave.

19. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I am not an expert on Toyota values, so I just called a manager at our 'to be' Toyota store and he said around 18000 acv. Only four showed up selling at Manheim auctions this month and none in the northeast yet. He said that the Prius have fallen off in the last month, but he thought they would stabilize. On the second part of your question, it really depends on where you are in the country and size of market as to how business is generally handled. The more midwest or south and the smaller the dealer the less 'low-balling' that goes on. It sounds like the dealer last night hit yu right between the eyes so-to-speak with the 13,900 or 14,900. If you really want a truck, find the truck adn you should be able to get between 19-20000 off the asking price.

20. Mystery Squid

Oh wow! Thanks for taking the effort and making the call... :) 18 is precisely the number I had in my head at the low end of the range when I went in. Sad thing is, these guys have a Toyota branch right across the street... Who knows, maybe, for whatever reason, their Prius market sucks...