1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking of buying a Prius - Right move??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ronald56, Jun 10, 2007.

1. BethlehemPrius

BethlehemPrius New Member

I hope your shopping went well.

I love my prius after having it since Jan 07, and with 8k miles so far. I have averaged 45-48 mpg mixed driving and about 48-50 on the highway on road trips cruising around 74mph.

how can you not have a big GRIN :) on your face when you fill up the car and it only costs around $20! For me, that alone is enough to know I am not contributing more to oil companies. It is also the most quiet car I have ever owned.

Good luck!

2. kcrocker

kcrocker New Member

if needed, you can add aftermarket leather for around $1000.

as far as comfort and highway mileage....i just got back from an 800 mile road trip in my 3week old 07 and averaged 53mpg on the highway, some in mountain driving. i was cruising 65-70 on the freeways and not really altering my driving style to get the mileage. comfort...i thought it was fine. no complaints, but i tend to like small cars.

good luck shopping and enjoy your new prius...outside of my '88 honda crx, i have never been this emotionally connected to my car.

3. luvinlif

luvinlif New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ronald56 @ Jun 10 2007, 10:06 AM) [snapback]459188[/snapback]</div>

Hi - I just traded my RX300 for my '07 package #5 and have not looked back once! The new Prius actually has more options than the Lexus had, and for so much less $$$ per month! My payment went down, my gas expense went down, my car ins. went down, and my license & registration fees went down! Now I have more $$ for fun and vacations.

My family took the Prius up to the mountains this weekend. We were loaded with luggage and 4 people and we got 49 mpg on the way there, and 48 on the way back - with A/C running the whole way! The little thing drives great - goes right up hills, turns on a dime, so easy to park. I've been giving my greeny boss a hard time that he only gets 42 mpg in his Civic Hybrid :)

And one more thing - you can't put a price on living BELOW your means. I told everyone I gave up the "status" car and they tell me the Prius is the new status car. Go figure, hope you enjoy your new car!

H :wub: