1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking of selling 07 Package 6 w CA HOV stickers

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by YoDaddyAlex, May 22, 2009.

1. YoDaddyAlex

YoDaddyAlex Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have an 07 with everything but leather, and am thinking about buying a 2010. My car was hit by a lady who ran a red light 6 days after buying in dec of 06. The total damage bill was 15k but I do not believe it has a salvage title.

What can I ask for it? This car also has the California HOV lanes, a little over 22k miles. No issues since accident repair.

2. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Sorry to hear about the accident!

I'm curious about something, though: How do you have a package #6 without leather? A #6 for 2007 was the "whole enchilada" package.

3. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It won't have a salvage title unless the insurance company totaled the car when it was hit. If they had done that, you would have had to pay them the salvage value and pay for the repairs on your own out of the procedes they gave you for the total loss, and you would remember that. Also, you can buy a CarFax Report for your car and it will most likely state that there is no record of any damage repairs, unless you our your insurance company reported the damage to the Motor Vehicle Department.

You should be able to sell the car for Private Party Value listed on KBB.com. This will be about $17,500 if the car is in excellent condition, but you will need to enter the zip code where you plan to sell the car, your mileage and features to get the exact blue book price.

Second, you need to double check by searching sale adds by private parties in your area and see how much the cars are selling for. You may even call a few to see if they say the cars have sold already.

I am selling a 2007 Pkg 5 and in my area, there are hardly any listed for sale, which could mean I could sell mine for blue book. Dealers are listing the cars for about $3000 more, but everybody know that buyers will be expecting them to drop those prices in the negotiation process.