1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking of selling my 2010 Prius V

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by akarusso, May 2, 2011.

1. akarusso

akarusso Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I am thinking of selling my 2010 Prius V with 2800 miles. Its fully loaded silver with the adv tech pkg. Any takers? I noe take the train to work.

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If I was a buyer, I would be looking in the classifieds section not here in the Gen 3 main forum. Good luck with your sale.

3. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You've posted this thread at least two times.

4. Felt

Felt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Go for it. No need to discuss the matter. Good luck ... now should be an easy sale.

5. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Park it and put a for sale sign on it. You have a bunch of other options as well (eBay, Craig's list, classifieds, letting a dealer sell it on consignment, credit union classifieds, etc...)
    Since you want over 30K for the car...you're going to be looking for a buyer who is looking for a clean, no-issue, low mileage G3, who is willing to pay above book value (but slightly below MSRP) for this car. They're out there...IF your car is issue free...you shouldn't have a problem unloading it.

Since most of the people on this site already have Priuses, we're probably not your target audience.

Better sell it this year. I have a feeling that G3's aren't going to be selling for MSRP++ next year. The PHV is coming out, and there are other manufacturers out there that have this market segment firmly fixed in their sights---and they're already squeezing on the trigger.

Good Luck!

6. givenup

givenup New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'll give you 24,000.

7. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Craigslist a very good way to go for selling. I got the perfect buyers for my 2009 - 60 y/o couple, homeowners, so easy to work with. It went so smooth for turning an $18.5k deal (might have got $20.5k today, but who could predict an earthquake and 90 cent rise in gas, Libya and all) (gas was predicted to go up sometime).

8. samsprius1

samsprius1 HEV Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Checked the saturday paper today big display ads for everything but Toyota? One Toyota dealer had an ad about all there pre-owned cars they have.Nothing new!

9. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V