1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thinking of selling Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by olddude, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Seems to me that the general opinion of this group is that at 150,000 miles, a Prius has reached it's sell by date.

2. HGS

HGS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    On a fixed income transportation expenses can be very stressful. Wondering what may break next worries some people. The bottom line is, all car ownership costs money. If you're not saving money each month to pay cash for your next car, you're paying monthly loan payments.

I agree with most peoplle here, most likely a 100,000 mile Prius will be very low cost for a few more years. But, it may have a high dollar repair if something breaks prematurely.

I repair my own cars, but people that don't or can't will spend a lot on labor at your local repair shop or dealer.

3. Coolride17

Coolride17 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you like a noisy car that's your thing. I've been in the auto industry for 35yrs. , and I know quality build , or over cutting corners. Besides, if you researched the complaint ,you'd find it's a big complaint, and they have videos on how to fix it.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    o/p sold his prius and has moved on.