1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

This forum is great!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Suzmaca12, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Suzmaca12

Suzmaca12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Hi everyone! I got a 2012 Prius v in January 2020 just before Covid. It’s now at 144k miles. It’s my daily driver mostly but I have taken it camping. I took out the rear seats so my dog (GSD/pit mix) can have room to roam. I had to retire early so i started doing things I think I might enjoy like working on cars. I have spent time reviewing threads and watching videos (mostly nutzaboutbolts YouTube channel) about diy repair. So far, I have done an oil change, cleaned hybrid fan, replaced spark plugs, cleaned MAF sensor, and changed the transaxle fluid. Now I am working on replacing both the inverter and engine coolant while cleaning the EGR pipe and intake manifold. Because I did so much research I knew to replace PCV valve since intake manifold is out and next hopefully I can get the EGR cooler off. I need to check throttle body to see if it needs cleaning too. Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and tell you how much I appreciate the forum. The threads contain detailed instructions and have really given me the confidence to work on my vehicles.
    Suze

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!

sounds like you have a good handle on things, all the best!(y)

3. bogist

bogist New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    very good .