1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

This Little Alpina BMW Makes Hybrids Look Stupid

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jsfabb, Feb 6, 2013.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    GOOD IDEA! Automatic tire pressure inflator that can alternately handle the air dams. Humm, air cushioned seats and adjustable struts. . . . <grins>

I was thinking 'exit' but if ducted to the rear, good deal.

Bob Wilson

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I wonder what fuel economy a modern car would get if they pulled all the emissions systems out but still used the electric computer controlled ignition systems. So you have the same complete lack of emissions early 1980's European cars had, but with the benefits of computer control.

Oh and pull all the air bags out, abs modules and esp etc to reduce weight too.

Be curious to see if it made much of a difference.

3. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The cat doesn't add much weight, but emissions regulations get rid of the lean burn mode which could greatly improve city mileage. Relaxed NMOG+NOx requirements could reduce cost of a car and increase fuel economy.

I also don't think you need to pull all the airbags, but really do we need 9? Drop it to 2 air bags. The extra weight for some safety requirements does hurt mpg.