1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

This looks like too much fun!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by efusco, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Unless they come in Chocolate, I'm not interested.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Okay Evan, I'll drop it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Oct 13 2007, 12:25 PM) [snapback]525201[/snapback]</div>
    I think you are right in general. However, I've always been disturbed by the popularity of violent games, from cap pistols for kids, to violent video games, to war toys of all types.

My idea of a fun toy: It turns out it didn't work very well, but if it had, it would have been very much to my taste: It's called an ornithopter. A mechanical toy plane, vaguely resembling a bird, that flies (or is supposed to) by flapping its wings, powered by a wound-up rubber band. (They can get a lot fancier than the one I had. They can be electric, and they can even be R/C.)

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Of course the counter arguement to the belief that violent games begets violence is that they instead serve as an outlet for our internal stressors and act as a cathartic.

The truth, I believe, is in the middle. Those prone to violence are probably desensitized somewhat by violent games and that allows disinhibition allowing them to act on otherwise restrained emotions and impulses. Those not prone to violence are no more likely to act in a violent manner by playing violent games and may, indeed, be relaxed by them through the catharsis they provide.

4. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Oct 13 2007, 07:45 AM) [snapback]525097[/snapback]</div>
    LOL, yeah.... I guess I inheirited the "blow sh*t up" gene. Or perhaps it's a side-effect of growing up as the only girl in a whole neighborhood of boys. Or both. :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Oct 13 2007, 07:19 AM) [snapback]525091[/snapback]</div>
    LOL. I challenge you to a "shocking encounter of the RC kind"....but first one of us needs a plane ticket. :lol:

I've got a friend that wants to go in halves with me on that tank set. I honestly think it would keep us entertained for hours. LOL. :D