1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Those of you in Mass....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by [email protected], Mar 23, 2008.

1. kimbermatic@mac.com

[email protected] Kimbermatic

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am new with the Prius and getting the hang of how to increase mileage. However, I traveled to Boston from central CT. the other day the rolling hills in Mass. just killed my mileage (normally 47 MPG, down to 43 MPG). Now the turnpike traffic was driving at around 70 MPH + so that hit the mileage, but it was the up hill that was driving me crazy.

Any hints or thoughts from those of you who drive hills? I did love the going down hill part, but it ended to quickly.

2. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I don't even try to keep up to that speed. I stay in right lane and vary from 55 to 65 mph. Gradually lose speed from 60 to 55 going up hills, glide on the down side and increase speed. If you haven't read about pulse & glide, do so to learn the difference between glide and coast - they're not the same. That made a big difference when I learned that. Keep reading and practicing and give yourself some time.

3. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I turn off the CC on hills. Seems the CC will use too much gas on hills.
    Hope This Helps!