1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thought it was funny

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Prius 06, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Prius 06

Prius 06 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Just came across this and thought I'd share it.
    Not sure if this is where I should post it, if not please move it.

2. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OMG..ok.. OMG OMG..

i did not like the way the video started yet another prius rant

but is this jeremy clarksons son??

one thing i have to say this is a great video to promote yourself as a actor, video presenter and editor.director. but thats about it.

nothing funny about it because it so wel made.
    this will again show up with al those people agianst the prius.

i have to say from a video production point of view its almost a good job.
    not looking at the content

3. ronhowell

ronhowell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This johnnie-come-lately junior shooter really needs to go back to school and educate himself.

What a waste of time. Maybe he is Clarkson's son, LOL!

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It appears that the movie was produced in Australia? I understand that hybrids are not particularly popular there. Maybe Pat Sparks can comment on the relative pricing of Prius vs. Ford Focus as shown in the movie.

In the US, with Prius starting price at $23K while the Focus is at $16K, the economics are more compelling.

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Poor poor Art Spinella ... I didn't realize he was a kid ... nor did I suspect he was from down undah.

:D

What could be sadder!
    oh, I know ... the fact that the poor kid bought into the spinella spin ... even though it's been debunked over two years ago. Kinda feel sorry for him!

6. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    wouldn't you subtract the difference in the resale. Such as the prius costs 15,000 more there, then when you sell it you get 10,ooo more for it then the ford. So you would add that 10k back into thr prius thus only really paying 5,000 more for the prius. Then it would only take 5 years for you to break even driveing the prius, then every year after you would save money with the prius.

The way he did the math makes is stupid he should just looked at the difference in the resale every year and then added up ten years and said the prius costs 200,000 more if your going to make stuff up you should go big.

7. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

Bla Bla Bla, we have heard that all before. And he has done the typical half-a$$ job of analysing the true costs, then portrays his report as the ultimate analysis - plain incompetent.

He himself says he did not include maintenance cost - was this on purpose? He makes it sounds like the Prius would come out on the short stick if he included maintenance - when it does not. This shows buisness analysis lazyness, or deception.

He also does not compare the costs to a car with similar interior volumes.

Your not going to stop nickel mining by not buying a Prius. All that overhead is out there, and the Prius is helping to improve the eco-quality of the operations. And its also turning Nickel into more of a recycled comodity then it was before.

He also said there are all sorts of hidden costs in the production of a Prius - but what about Gasoline? That has to be , at least in the US, one of the most undercosted resources we as modern people use.

And his comment about the range of the pure-electric operation is faulty as well. Hybrids do not have a battery to provide electric-only drive. They have a battery and a motor to avoid low-efficiency operation by the gasoline engine, and to allow the engine to be smaller, and thus match typical civilian driving averages more closely. This shows technical ignorance.

Its gutsy (or foolish with his level of understanding of the issues) for him to do this piece, but he just does not have the knowledge or compentence to do anything but a faulty, albeit slick looking production. Which in my opinion was his purpose in doing that piece, not to be truely effective in presenting the issues.