1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thought it was trans but codes don't agree.

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Wecandothat4u, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Q*bertZ

Q*bertZ Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    so.... is your car a gen1 prius or a Honda insight?

2. Wecandothat4u

Wecandothat4u Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Sorry for the delay in answering. I've been swamped with other stuff recently and haven't gotten back out in the freezing weather to do more testing. Something about 12 degrees that makes me not want to go "play" with it.

I have two Gen 1 Insights, but the problem is with the Gen 1 Prius.

3. Wecandothat4u

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Thanks Eric,

I have the BlueDriver and it seems to be doing okay. I will look into getting that though. It's probably better.

Thanks!

#23 Wecandothat4u, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  4. zpi28

zpi28 New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ive seen the Jerky/skipping movements that you are describing. It was due to bad HV battery cells and at low voltage it would give P3009 High voltage leak making the transmission jerk and skip when trying to accelerate.

5. Wecandothat4u

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    This car had been in a bow shelter that collapsed under a terrible snow load. Caved in the roof dented the hood, knocked off the right mirror and more. I replaced the windshield and mirror, but did minimal straightening of sheet metal. (Used a farm jack to lift the roof until the windshield would fit.) Doesn't leak, but leaves a lot to be desired in looks. It has several other "mishap" bumps and scrapes too.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, while trying to troubleshoot this latest problem, I found a guy with a bunch of Priuses nearby. Wound up getting a cheap one from him and am now using this one for a parts car. In fact, I've now got a second one going with parts from this one. I figure I've now got two Priuses for what I would have likely paid to a repair shop to fix this one. Maybe not, but I'm happy with the results so far.

If I ever do figure out what this was, I'll post it here. Not likely though. I'd have to rob parts off of this and find it duplicated the problem on another car.

#25 Wecandothat4u, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  6. Wecandothat4u

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Nope, not that. I "rebuilt" the battery. Replaced only one module, cleaned it all up, cycled all the cells and it did not solve my issues. This battery is now actually in my third Prius and working fine.

This original issue I did not resolve. However, it led me to my present situation of having two good, working Priuses, using this as a parts car.