1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thoughts about forming new Prius Club in Raleigh/Durham NC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ltu1542hvy, Mar 31, 2005.

1. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Great; I'll see you there! BTW, as I was driving towards Chapel Hill around 7:00 this evening to get some dinner, a black Prius was coming down Franklin St. in the opposite direction. Wasn't you by chance?

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Nope, at 7pm I was at Duke. :(

I have seen 1 or 2 other black Prii running around the area. You can identify mine by the front end mask, haven't seen a local Prius with one yet. Still haven't seen your Super White.

By the way, how close are you to those apartments that burned down last week?

3. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Re: Thoughts about forming new Prius Club in Raleigh/Durham

Since I was driving I didn't look too closely to see if that Prius had a front end mask or not. Although I do see a lot of Prii driving around the area, I haven't noticed many black ones.

With mine I have not received my personalized plate yet (/dev/hyb). Once I have it you should be able to tell mine easily from the other white ones by the plate.

That sure was a horrific fire at that apartment complex last week. I live about the same distance as it is from where South Square Mall used to be on the opposite side, so I was close enough to see the plumes of thick, black smoke. How about you, how close were you to it?

4. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    we're pretty far away but we drove by on 15/501 and saw all that smoke. we just saw it on the news that night.

5. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

(to put this thread near the top again...)

For anybody within the vicinity of the Raleigh/Durham area of North Carolina, we're going to meet in the parking lot of Golden Corral on Hwy.55 near Hwy. 54 in RTP to see if we can get a Triangle Prius Club started. If you're interested in joining us, I'll see you there!

- Bill

6. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

It sure was fun to meet y'all yesterday, and hopefully I will have my pictures up either this evening or tomorrow evening.

On another note, I got an email today which included a link to a site which is organizing an Earth Day fair which will include demos on hybrid cars. I just emailed the organizers to see if there is any way we could participate as well, if any of you are interested. Take a look at http://www.earthactionfest.org/

- Bill

7. DanH

DanH New Member

Sorry I couldn't meet up this weekend. We had a couple of friends up from the DC area stop by. They are actually Duke grads down for a reunion and stopped by our place before returning. Anyway, I did take them for a spin in the Prius and let one of the drive it. Needless to say, he was impressed. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the pics and hope to join you guys on the next meet.

8. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    To refresh the topic and for the sake of a couple of new people I've seen... just wanted to bring the topic to the top again

Sorry I keep forgetting to post photos of the first meet. Hubby has the camera to work on a project.

Another meet up in a few weeks? Anyone? Hopefully more people will show up this time!

9. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

I keep getting side-tracked about posting my pix as well. I definitely would be up for another meeting within the next couple of weeks. Just name the time and place.

BTW, I did run into your husband this past Saturday while I got my Prius serviced (for the very first time), but he looked awfully busy and we chatted only for a few moments.

- Bill

10. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yep, they usually keep him busy at work... kinda wears him down by the end of the day.

How 'bout another meet the last weekend of May? Say that Sunday afternoon? I'm not sure of the date. RTP was a good central location.

So how about it folks? Who can make it?

11. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

If the way they worked him that way is typical, then I'm sure he's positively exhausted by the time he gets home...

Last weekend in May works for me. Sunday at 3:00 again? You name the place.

- Bill

12. outoftown

outoftown Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

The last Sunday in May is Memorial Day weekend. Would be nice if we could meet somplace where a car washing activity could take place. If I'm around, I'll try to make it.

13. NCNyrk

NCNyrk New Member

Is this still on for Memorial Day Weekend? Not sure if I'll be in town, but just thought I'd see if this was a go before I finalize my plans...

14. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sure, it's still on. No plans otherwise so far on our end. I'm just stumped by Bill's idea- where could we congregate and wash our cars? Some local carwash? Or what?

Otherwise we'll say that Sunday at 3pm again just to throw a time and date out there. Place still to be decided. Come on people, help me out! :)

15. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

I can't do it on Sundays (Retired ex golf pro who has a regular Sunday game) but love the idea. I am from Durham and every time I see one of your posts I have this warm homelike feeling. If you do have meetings, post what happens. I realize you are from Wisconsin, but it doesn't matter. To think I hear from someone in Durham who drives a Prius just feels good.

16. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Sunday at 3:00 still sounds fine with me too. As far as carwashes go, I generally like to bathe Priuscilla myself rather than take her through a carwash, since the carwashes usually don't do all that good of a job. If it's only going to be three or four of us, we could meet at my place and I could pull out a hose, a bucket and some towels for whoever wants to wash their car. If it's going to be more than that we ought to meet somewhere else. Very often there is a carwashing crew in the parking lot in front of the K-mart on University Drive across from where South Square Mall used to be, but according to Murphy's law they will not be ther on the day we want to meet. Another possibility would be the parking lot of the small shopping center at the intersection of Farrington Drive and Hwy. 54 right next to I-40 between Chapel Hill and Durham. One of the outparcels of that shopping center is a BP station that has a "touchless" automatic car wash. I have taken Priuscilla through there several times, and it is good for getting dust and pollen off of the car, but it doesn't do much for anything that would require any kind of scrubbing. However that place does have a parking lot bit enough to accomodate a decent sized gathering.

Anybody else have any ideas?

17. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I wouldn't mind meeting at a car wash if others want to wash their cars. My Electrophile gets washed every Saturday afternoon by hand. :)

So since it's coming down to a few days before the event- let's go with the touchless carwash at Hwy 54 and Farrington.

So who's gonna be there? Any takers? :) It would be exciting to have 5 cars there if it's possible!

18. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    And Fred, maybe sometime if we have a Saturday free (hubby works most Saturdays but they're looking at changing his schedule someday) we will hold the club meeting on a Saturday so you can come up and join us! The more, the merrier I always say! :)

Also-
    Danny was up here near Durham a couple weeks ago, maybe we can invite him to a meeting sometime. He said he'd come if he could. That could be fun.

19. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

I will be there this Sunday at 3:00 pm.

- BIll

20. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

galaxee, thanks. I can probably do most Saturdays.