1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thoughts about forming new Prius Club in Raleigh/Durham NC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ltu1542hvy, Mar 31, 2005.

1. outoftown

outoftown Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Re: Thoughts about forming new Prius Club in Raleigh/Durham

Our white 04 needs a wash bad. Let me know the time and place. I'm pretty sure I can make it. How about PM'ing an address for the GPS?

Another Bill

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You NAV system types... :) ask the other Bill, he's the one who suggested the place. Time is again 3pm Sunday.

3. NCNyrk

NCNyrk New Member

Hoping to make it at 3 on Sunday...looking forward to meeting some other drivers with big smiles!

4. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee\";p=\"92817)</div>
    It's attached to the BP gas station in the same shopping center as the Mardi Gras bowling alley whose street address is 6118 Farrington Road in Durham.

hope this helps,
    Bill

5. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well it was another fun get-together today folks! Thanks to everyone who came out, it was nice to meet our new member, NCNyrk!

I was thinking our next meetup could be at a local park or something, or we could maybe grill out at our apartment complex which is close to Duke. What does everyone think about hosting a Triangle Hybrid Meetup sometime this summer and announcing it on the local news channels and newspapers? It might be a good way to get lots of hybrid owners together for some good discussion.

This time next month we'll be back in Wisconsin on vacation (and for my sister's wedding/ our anniversary) but how about something like Sunday June 19?

6. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Here are my pictures from last month's meeting as well as our most recent meeting this afternoon:

http://www.unc.edu/~geschwin/PriusClub/

A resounding YES from me about your suggestions. Still need to check my calendar about 6/19, but unless something urgent comes up why not.

- Bill

7. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    As soon as I hear back from a few clubbers about the date, I'll submit it to a few local news channels and the Herald Sun and News and Observer for announcement.

They want 2 weeks notice, so at the very latest I'll submit the info June 5. Let me know, everyone :)

8. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

I just checked my calendar and Sunday 6/19 looks fine for me.

- Bill

9. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Good, good. Now I'll wait a few more days to see what others have to say and if there are no responses in the negative, I'll notify local news sources of a hybrid gathering. What's a popular local park? I'm still not oriented in Durham too well...

10. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

About Parks, let's see, there is Sarah P. Duke Gardens over at Duke, if you want to get really "treehugger" there is Eno River State Park. If we want to be more friendly towards the Raleigh/Cary crowd there is that park at the end of Harrisson Avenue(?) in Cary or Lake Johnson Park in Raleigh. If I have a chance I might have to scope a few of these out to see what would be most suitable for our purposes.

- Bill

11. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    How about we just go with Eno? Everyone knows where that is...

Any more takers? I plan on submitting info for our Prius Club tomorrow. Depending on the announcements affect our turnout at the next meet, maybe we'll host a hybrid discussion in July or August.

And anyone who's interested... Jacobson has a HiHy on the lot. I believe the Man himself will be driving it but if you hurry you may be able to check it out for yourself :)

12. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

So far I have one more potential taker: the president of one of the computer user groups drives a Civic Hybrid and is very interested in joining us. Any chance you can get "the man" to join us with his HiHy?

- Bill

13. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I guess in the end we will end up being the Triangle Hybrid Club... so Civic guy is warmly welcome.

And Doug is going to see about getting "the man" to join us. Maybe even some kind of affiliation or something. We'll see how he responds to our ideas...

14. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

BTW, can you send me the text you had on those little slips of paper you showed us the other day that you are leaving on Prii? I would like to make up a batch for myself to start passing out over on this end of the Triangle.

Also, if I can get him to stop rambling on about his health long enough for me to get a word in edge-wise, I might invite the octogenerian Accord Hybrid owner across the street to join us as well.

15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack New Member

Galaxee,

I am interested in the joining the club. However, I will not be able to make it to the event on the 19th. We will be out of town but I will try to make it to the other events. Thanks for all the work you guys have put into organizing this.

Wolfpack

16. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Eek, I have to make up a new batch myself, Bill. My new ones will be something like:

You are invited to join the Triangle Prius Club. For Prius enthusiasts. Meet other Prius owners and discuss your hybrid driving experiences. For more info send e-mail to: [email protected]

Wolfpack, that's great that you are interested. Even though you can't make the next one, we look forward to meeting you in the future :)

To everyone, I just submitted to community calendars on the CBS, ABC and NBC local news stations. I am about to submit to the Herald Sun and News-Observer. Hopefully the word gets out and we have a good turnout next time! 8)

17. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead New Member

I'm a 172 miles old Prius owner in Raleigh. Can't make the 6/19 but will try to join you in the future.

18. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Congratulations on your new Prius, and I look forward to seeing you at one of our future gatherings!

19. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Glad to see yet another interested Prius owner in the area :) Hope to see you at a future meeting!

20. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Here's the text I came up with on my flyers.

(insert HSD logo here) Nice Prius!! Want to meet other Prius owners and discuss your car? That’s why we’re starting the Triangle Prius Club. We meet monthly and discuss the Prius and related subjects. For more info, send email to [email protected]

It should fit on 3 lines in Microsoft Word for 8 flyers per page. Font size for "Nice Prius" is 22, the rest is 16.

Anyone who's intereted, I'd appreciate if you spread the word, by flyers or by word of mouth. The bigger the club gets, the more we all have to benefit from!

Hoping to hear about an affiliation soon. Also waiting to hear from local community calendars regarding our club announcement.

See ya in a couple of weeks to those who can make it :)