1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thoughts about forming new Prius Club in Raleigh/Durham NC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ltu1542hvy, Mar 31, 2005.

1. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Re: Thoughts about forming new Prius Club in Raleigh/Durham

Galaxee,

Any more news on our upcoming event? Have you heard back from any of the news outlets? Also, before we show up there, what message do we want to send and how do we want to present it?

On another note, have you gotten your EV switch mod installed yet? How did it go?

- Bill

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sounds like everything's good for our next meeting. i have seen the announcement on 3 community calendars so far. Hope that gets the word out some. I am also working on passing out flyers. Not much in the Prius Club e-mail box though.

I think this upcoming meet will be just a regular meetup with hopefully more people showing up. The next one (July) should be a good time for the big hybrid discussion. I think for that one we should try to present the positives and be open about the (very few, imho) negatives of hybrid driving. I think we should just make an attempt to dispel any myths and make hybrids seem less "scary". And of course spread the word to potential buyers that hybrids are worth it what with all the negative press.

Have talked to Jacobson about hosting that hybrid event and he offered to have the hybrid discussion at the dealership and provide some refreshments or sandwiches or something. We will see what else we can figure out, as far as maybe a possible club discount or something. I do not know what he will say to that. So no promises there.

We haven't installed the switch yet, though we have it sitting at home. The plan is to do it this weekend.

3. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Going one step further in my quest to make this club a little bigger... I set up a free website for our club. I am hoping this draws some hits from people doing Google searches.

The site is: http://trianglepriusclub.blogspot.com

Because blogs are free and easy to publish, and i'm certainly no html expert! :)

See you on Sunday if you can make it!

4. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

Hey...y'all got room for a Central Virginian in your Triangle Club? I'm not noticing many Central or N. Virginia clubs gathering here, nor any around the beach area. I'd really like to get involved in a group of people that have the same interests and meets regularly. Your area isn't a bad drive for me (about 3 to 3.5 hours), and it's not like I can complain about gas expenditures :p Anyways, if that's cool with you all, I'd like to meet up with you guys and girls at your July meetup. Just post here or PM me to let me know. The date I'm picking up my Prius is in my sig...so I need to get some "breaking in" driving done anyways.

Thanks

Dave.

5. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    All right, the June meeting went well and (d'oh!) I forgot my camera.

I forgot it was father's day... and I think that was probably the reason for a lot of people not making it. But we met some new Prius owners and had a good chat!

For the July meeting we have set the location at Jacobson Toyota for a general hybrid discussion, but I haven't set a date. Please check your calendars and let me know a good time at the end of July for you to meet up!

6. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Any Saturday or Sunday end of July is fine with me (tentatively).

I also wish I hadn't forgotten my camera yesterday!

7. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

Ditto, any Saturday or Sunday in July is OK with me as well. Look forward to meeting all of you.

Dave.

8. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead New Member

Saturday is much better for me. I like to be in church on Sunday giving thanks for my Prius :lol:

9. DanH

DanH New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nctalkinghead\";p=\"100266)</div>
    I have to say a hardy "Amen!" to that.

10. NCNyrk

NCNyrk New Member

Ack...I was too embarrassed to show up at Sunday's meetup...backed my car into a tree at about 10mph on Saturday, and poked some nice holes in the bumper protector. Broke a few clips off of another piece, and have just been banging my head against most solid surfaces I pass by since then...I'll get over it eventually...

11. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NCNyrk\";p=\"100536)</div>
    OUCH!!!! Sorry to hear aboiut that! Hopefully you can get it fixed without too much pain and expense!

12. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    NCNyrk, aww! That's so sad! I hope you get it fixed. But that's one of the reasons we have a Prius club- moral support! :)

Sounds like Saturday will be the day, by popular demand. So I was thinking the 23rd of July. Everyone check your calendars and let me know if there's any major conflicts. If things sound good and we can get maybe 5 or 6 cars (or more!) I'll work on setting up the event.

Just to remind everyone, next meeting will (hopefully, I'll work on it) be a general hybrid discussion so alert your hybrid-driving friends, even if they don't drive a Prius! :)

Please get back to me as soon as you can so I can get to work arranging this! Next week is going to be short on time for me so I need to plan quick!

13. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead New Member

July 16 is best for me...

14. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hmm... the 16th doesn't give me a ton of lead time. Let me see what I can do.

15. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Unless I'm forgetting something, either of those days are fine with me.

- Bill

16. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

Sounds good to me, don't see anything on my calendar that looks like it will be a problem

Dave.

17. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    OK, update on the meeting.

Unfortunately I can't pull off the Regional Hybrid Event this month. We're looking at mid August right now so the venue has sufficient lead time to deal with hosting this type of event.

So this time around it's just a regular old meeting, which is fun too. How about Saturday the 16th at 3pm, location Eno River State Park. Few's Ford entrance off Cole Mill Road. There's a little picnic area over there that would give us some nice places to sit rather than stand around like usual. And you may want to bring sunscreen!

This is still flexible. So if anyone would like an adjustment for some reason please chime in! Otherwise I hope to see you all there! :)

18. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee\";p=\"104925)</div>
    Well, hey, thanks for trying for the regional event. The 16th should still work for me though, so I know I should at least be there :) Thanks, hope to meet you all then....and looking forward to August too.

Dave.

19. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

I'll be there.

20. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Hate to be a "me too" poster, but I will be there as well.

:)
    Bill