1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thoughts about forming new Prius Club in Raleigh/Durham NC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ltu1542hvy, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee\";p=\"104925)</div>
    How far up Cole Mill Road is Few's Ford?
    I have never been to a meeting before and we are supposed to have dinner with our daughter-in-law in Trinity Park after the meeting. So, how long and I assume there will be no refreshments?

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's a ways up, past hwy 85. It leads right into the entrance I was referring to. here's a link to a map of the park (in pdf format) http://www.ils.unc.edu/parkproject/visit/enri/enri.pdf

We usually just chat until topics run out, usually an hour or so, maybe a bit longer. And we haven't brought refreshments yet. But anyone that's willing is certainly encouraged to do so... ;)

3. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

From the map, I take it that you cross Pleasant Green, continue on Cole Mill Road into the park and look for the first picknic table. I know I am from Durham, but it has changed a lot, especially the park.
    Be there at 3.

4. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Fred: that's about right. Just keep an eye out for other Prii. We'll be around. :)

5. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    you'll have another potential member in a few months... my wife and i are moving from cupertino, ca to somewhere probably in the north raleigh area.

we've been house-shopping for about three weeks while we visit with friends and relatives in the area. next week we're heading home [CA home] to ready the house for sale, pack it up with movers, and turn around and drive back out here.

the license plate will change, but the enthusiasm for the Prius, and my Prius won't!

6. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    well, plusaf, an early welcome to you!
    i hear the north raleigh area isn't a bad place. i don't get over that way often though. i have friends who own a nice place there, they're quite happy.
    let us know when you get here and we'll give you a formal welcome at a prius club meeting! :)

7. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee\";p=\"107077)</div>
    thank you!
    our travels and the "whole saga" are posted at http://www.plusaf.com/coast/coast1.htm .

we've got friends in Carrboro and Hillsborough, so i'll probably be able to get over that way.

8. NCPrius

NCPrius Junior Member

Hey, just a reminder that NC is contemplating a bill giving a $2k tax credit to hybrid purchasers. I started a thread about it elsewhere -- feel free to email your sen/rep to express support (and hopefully get $2000 off your state tax bill!).

9. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Re: Thoughts about forming new Prius Club in Raleigh/Durham

Here are the pix that I snapped with the so-so camera phone in my Treo 650 at our meeting today.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you (some of you again), and I hope to see you again for one of our next meetings.

- Bill

10. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

More pictures from today's meeting:

11. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

And a few more...

12. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, that was a nice meeting. We had 3 new cars show up and we were happy to meet all of the owners who came out and joined the discussion today!

Someone had a good idea that I'm going to expand on. We could have a future meeting at a restaurant or maybe a coffee shop or something. You know, to be able to sit down and settle in and such.

And last but not least. Hybrid Dave, where were ya? :)

13. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee\";p=\"107840)</div>
    Nancy Lee and I thought it was a good idea too. Since we won't be here next month, we are hoping you plan that in September. Cracker Barrell would be good.

Ditto, Hybrid_Dave. Your being there was the main reason I went. :eek:

Duke gets a win what with Galaxee and I representing them and Bill being the only Carolina fan and nobody else really caring.

Thanks for the pictures Bill.

Thanks for coordinating Galaxee.

14. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Okay folks, it's time to think about the August meeting.

Unfortunately, this will be the last meeting I will be able to coordinate. Classes start again at the end of the month, and classes plus full time lab work equals no free time whatsoever on my end.

Anyone want to take up the meeting-coordinator job? I'll send you all my sources and such, along with passwords to the website and media links.

That said, how's the last weekend of August? The 27th? Let me know and I'll find a nice little coffee shop or something to meet up at.

Check your calendars. I'll keep an eye out for locations and am open to suggestions from anyone who has a place in mind.

15. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Saturday the 27th would work for me, Sunday the 28th unfortunately won't.

If you need me to, I would be glad to take over coordinating the meetings for our club.

Good luck with your studies, once school starts up again.

16. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

As you probably remember, I will be and am in the middle of my 32 day trip. Prius is doing great. Hope you come up with something at a restaurant during the week or another Saturday for the next meeting.

17. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well since I haven't heard much back... let's say the 27th to get something set for me to work on.

Bill, once my internet at home is back I'll send you links and info via a PM. Thanks for taking the job. This year is gonna be a rough one. Prelim exams coming up this spring and I'm my PI's first grad student so he doesn't know how to help me prepare. Hmmmm.

Let's hope I make it to PhD candidacy. Of course, pharm students get less of a grilling than MCB students... and the fact that what I'm doing isn't the specialty of any primary faculty makes my life much easier. They tend to push the neuropharm students right through. We'll see in April I guess!

Fred, hope you have a safe trip!

18. studiophase

studiophase New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Is this club still going?

19. catseye

catseye saxplayer

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius