1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thoughts from yesterday’s dealership service visit

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by MizzzC, Aug 4, 2019.

1. MizzzC

MizzzC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My 2016 Prius was due for service and a state inspection this weekend. I had the dealership remove my remaining 3 hubcaps after the first one bit the dust, probably lying near a pothole somewhere along my commute. I’m probably going to get new tires before winter so will go without hubcaps until then, and maybe beyond. This was the last service I’ll be having at the dealership as it’s no longer under warranty. I’ll probably visit Valvoline for future services. Toyota recommended I flush my “dirty” brake fluid and pay for their throttle body cleaning service, which I politely declined. If I do need these things, I’ll have Valvoline do them down the road.

The current/original tires are Hankooks. I took my first real road trip this month and found it to be a louder and rougher ride than I expected. My daily commute is mostly in town driving. Do you guys have a good tire recommendation for my 2016 Prius?

bisco likes this.
  2. The Professor

The Professor Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Michelin CrossClimate+.

They give excellent performance all round. They're also NEARLY as good as a winter tyre in winter. I used to have two sets (Summer and Winter) on previous cars, but these latest generation CrossClimate+ are really really good. Of course, a dedicated snow tyre will be better in snow, but it depends where you live as to whether that's an issue or not.

Some third-party reviews...

Michelin Cross Climate+ | All-season tyre test 2018/2019: top all-weather tyres tested | Auto Express (Rated 99%)

https://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/michelin/crossclimate-plus (customer reviews - 4.7/5 from over 2,500 reviews)

Michelin CrossClimate Plus - Tyre Reviews (great site to compare many attributes to other tyres)

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    stay away from valvoline and other quick lube places.

try to find a good local mech, its the same as any car, but you want someone conscientious

Mambo Dave likes this.
  4. thomassster

thomassster Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Tire recommendation is based on where you live and what performance are you expecting out of the tires. Cross climate are really good if you must deal with snow couple months of the year and you can leave on all around seasons. Michelin makes some quality tires but are definitely the priciest. The defenders are your basic all around efficient long lasting tires. My wife’s car has some vredstein quatrac tires and they are really solid tires for the price purchased at tire rack. We may need more details such as location, what type of driving you are doing, and what type of performance you expect out of your tires.

The Professor likes this.