1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thoughts on purchasing an 06 with 312K miles...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by stevenleggett, Feb 11, 2014.

1. stevenleggett

stevenleggett New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm in New Orleans, but would definitely be willing to fly and drive back. I'll have to reach out or look for his postings.

2. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. stevenleggett

stevenleggett New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Rob, thanks I found a black 2007 on there that I'm going to contact him about. His prices are extremely reasonable.

4. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Bear in mind that some of his vehicles will have a salvage / rebuilt title, as mine did. That's part of why they are reasonable. You should be able to tell by the "indiana rebuilt" label in the title column. Not really an issue but could make it harder to sell (if you ever want to) and almost impossible to finance (but sounds like you are paying cash anyway).

I was in a pretty similar situation at the time I bought mine from him. Really wanted a Prius, but due to high gas prices you really couldn't really touch a used one for under $20k. Got a much better price going this route, and had no intention of ever selling. I've had no issues with Toyota, they still have done the regular services and recall repairs without any hesitation. I had no issues insuring either.

Good Luck!

5. stevenleggett

stevenleggett New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks! I don't plan on ever selling and don't mind a salvage title. As long as I'm getting a quality vehicle I'll be happy.

6. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I bought my 06 from him and everyone that didn't know, thought it was a brand new vehicle. He has an excellent reputation. Highly recommended by me anyway. I never had a single problem with my 06 and I did manage to get $7500 for it when I traded it in for the 2013 TCH.

7. Duckz

Duckz New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    this is my first post. Not sure if this is helpful info given your location, but I was able to find a 2004 Prius with 131k miles listed by the original owner on Craigslist. Washington DC area. He was asking $5500 and I got him down to $5000. This was after a couple weeks of checking Craigslist every other day. I was able to look up the VIN on the Toyota website and find all the service records.

Around here there are a ton of used Priuses (Prii?) available. Most private owners are asking more than blue book value and they seem to be selling like hot cakes. But it also didn't take forever to find a good deal. I didn't bother with the dealerships. Overall I'm very pleased with the car I got for the price, and I'm having a lot of fun owning a Prius :) Good luck with your search.