1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thread for All Confirmed Prices.

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Tideland Prius, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prius_111_2

prius_111_2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks Steve!! appreciate it!

2. Godaime

Godaime New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Any luck on that? it seems like many dealers don't have much plus in stock. We went to test drive a prius prime and then found out that the dealer didnt even have a plus trim on the lot. Also wondering what is the best offer you got on a plus trim?

3. Godaime

Godaime New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    which dealer are you getting this price? is this before or after the cash rebate? including destination fee?

4. pkmntrainerharry

pkmntrainerharry New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Got a Blizzard Pearl Premium from Berlin City Toyota in Portland, ME for $25,500 out the door excluding sales tax. Flew out from TX and drove it home in 33 hours!

MSRP: $30,484
    Dealer discount: $3,117
    Toyota manufacturer rebate: $2,500
    Sale price: $24,867

Doc fee: $599
    Title fee: $34

Bought it from salesman Dominick Bernard who was very helpful and I highly recommend. No pressure, no tricks, and was willing to try to match other dealers' prices.

I had to talk to a Finance Manager who tried to upsell me some extended warranties but he gave up soon after I said no and was not hostile or anything. And he was willing to send me a Buyer's Order before I bought my air ticket. Payment was done at the dealer, not by mail. And when I was at the dealer there was no attempt to nickel and dime, nothing at all was added or changed.

I was between the Plus and Premium and here are a few of the lowest quotes I got. All are Blizzard Pearl which is $395 extra MSRP.

Premium:

Langway Toyota (Middletown, RI): 30393 MSRP, 2893 discount, 2500 rebate: $25,000 + $220 fees
    I did not pursue because I sent multiple emails that were not replied, and OTD price was close to Berlin City's, which other Priuschat members have bought from and I know won't bait and switch prices

Plus:
    Boch Toyota South (North Attleboro, MA): 27854 MSRP, 2700 discount, 2500 rebate: $22,654 + unknown fee
    Were not willing to do remote transaction, and they said I would not be able to drive it home the same day even if I flew in. Also read/heard about bad reputation of Boch-owned dealers

Expressway Toyota (Boston, MA): 28649 MSRP, 3396 discount, 2500 rebate: $22,853 + $539 fees
    Was initially nice through text, but when I called the manager was quite hostile about the fact that my quote had 'expired' earlier that week, and pressured me to place a credit card deposit to 'reserve' the quote. Based on this experience alone I would strongly recommend against purchasing from Expressway Toyota. Also Boch-owned.

#384 pkmntrainerharry, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    mmyk72 likes this.
  5. kevins007

kevins007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have been looking at buying a Prius Prime in Milwaukee Wi and have been told "No deals are being offered by Toyota." I am so thankful that I found this site. Looks like I will be buying my car from outside Wisconsin.

Prius from Dad likes this.
  6. DickPhillips

DickPhillips Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I got my Prime Premium from Foothills Toyota in Burlington, WA. The price was exactly MSRP, less my trade in and the $1000 Toyota rebate, plus sales tax, license & title fees and a $50 document fee. I would have liked to have gotten a bit more for my trade in (a 2013 Prius C) but don't we always want more than we are given for them? The car was ordered March 6th, just after Washington dealers were told they could take orders for the Prime and I got it on May 25th. I am happy with the price and the service from the dealership. This is the second Prius I've bought from Foothills Toyota.

bisco and Prius from Dad like this.
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats dick, all the best!(y)

8. Mike707

Mike707 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We got back to Madison with our Plus on Tuesday. $25,246 (excluding sales tax) from Prestige in Kingston, NY. Noah was fun and easy to work with.

NY seemed to put up the fewest road blocks. We were told that MA didn't allow for a single-day sale and CT seemed to force a bunch of extra fees.

One thing that sped the dealer website inventory search was using the model number (1235) instead of "Plus". That worked for about half of my 'hits'. We were also looking for specific exterior/interior color combination (blue/black).

The toyota local-specials# page explains a lot about the rebates being offered.
    Enter a zip code for the area in which you want to shop.

bisco likes this.
  9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! and well done. all the best!(y)

10. okioki

okioki Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I am new to the group and just started my search for PP.

I've been communicating with lots of dealers in LA for PP advanced trim, but I am having hard time to find a good deal. Most of dealers can only give me $300~800 off MRSP + rebate. Some just as it is on sticker price.

For those of you who has done search in SoCal, is this pretty much only thing we can get? Any good dealers who may do better? It seems like it is quite difficult to get good discounts in SoCal looking at some other posts.....

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  11. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    A "good" dealer, to me, can be various things. I approached several dealers in Orange County in early February 2017, when I bought my Titanium Glow/Black Prime Advanced. None offered discounts at that time, so I left my request for the aforementioned Prime with 3 dealers, and Lizette Vega at Longo called me 2 days later having obtained my car. I was treated very professionally; no games were played and my car was delivered to my home, where the 2 gentlemen who brought the car, instructed me, and answered all my questions. If you can get a discount, you'll have done better than I did. To my eye, the car is worth every penny of MSRP, and I appreciate how I was treated by Lizette (she is a member of their fleet sales). BTW, I did receive calls from the other 2 dealers, Miller Toyota and The Toyota Place, as much as 2 weeks later, asking me if I was still looking for a car. The car is absolutely wonderful!! Good luck!
    P.S. Don't forget the California rebate of as much as $3500 depending on your income, the HOV stickers for the carpool lane, the $4502 Federal tax credit on non-business income, and my city, Anaheim gave me a check for $1000 for installing a 240V charger whose total installed cost to me was $1100!! America, what a country!! (in spite of chumps/chimps? who live here!)

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    just saw a toyota tv ad for prime. up to $7,000. off. i wonder if they mean $2,500. rebate and $4,500. tax credit?

13. Prius from Dad

Prius from Dad Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    An ad?:eek: I've never seen one. Maybe they are ramping up production? And they will start to offer them in the areas that haven't had any.(y)

HPrimeAdvanced and bisco like this.
  14. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Cool! Can you find it on YouTube or remember the dealer(s)?

Bob Wilson

15. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it was a toyota ad, no dealers. i'll check the website for info.

16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yep, plug in zip 02026, or other new england. promoting the $2,500. rebate, and mentioning the fed credit.
    the only thing new is that they mentioned it in a tv commercial.
    looks like the whole company is on sale though. $1,500. on lift back and rav 4 hybrid, and c-hr lease for 3k down and $169./mo.

17. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Very few TV ads, but I hear radio ads almost every day.

18. LouG123

LouG123 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    So I can finally make a true post in the 'Paid' section.....

On Tuesday 6/20 I flew into LaGuardia to pick up a Prime Advanced, Blizzard Pearl over Black from Toyota of Hackensack. Price paid before Illinois sales tax was $31,256 (net of rebates and $ off MSRP). The car came equipped with only the all weather mat package, no side molding, no door edge guards, nothing......which is exactly how I wanted it. I had emails and texts going back and forth with six dealers, none of which had a car in their inventory. I almost had a deal with Rivera Toyota in Mt. Kisco, NY, but the salesman lied to me when he told me they had a car allocated to them coming off the boat. After confirming with his sales manager on Saturday 6/17 that they were still searching for a car, I cancelled that deal and called back Toyota of Hackensack, who had the car in their inventory. Build date is 4/17 and I confirmed via Autocheck that they received the car on May 30th. IMO I got a fair deal. Maybe not good or great, but considering I have a 2015 Camry on lease extension and it's almost out of warranty due to mileage, I needed car, and I took the fair deal in stride. Assuming I keep this car for the 8 or 10 years that I normally keep cars, I figure whatever I may have additionally saved by haggling more won't be of any real consequence.

A many thanks for all of those here on the PC forum, as there's no question that this purchase would never have happened without all of your information and guidance.....

KrPtNk, pgaryu, mmyk72 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Ducky

Ducky Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Oops, how embarrassing, I somehow overlooked that there was a stickied thread for this... Well, sorry for being repetitive, but in case it helps somebody, here were my findings from the non-stickied thread!

My OTD, including tax, for a Titanium Plus with all-weather mats for floor and cargo area, rear bumper guard, door edge guards, and wheel locks I didn't want but whatever, was a little under $25500 without trade in. Trade in and tax incentives are going to put my total cost at about $17.5k, which I feel pretty good about!
    Some dealers in Massachusetts that I E-Mailed were trying to get me to go for a discount of $700-1000 off of a Plus, not including the factory rebate. The better ones I got were all in Boston or adjacent to (all quotes are for the Plus trim):
    Herb Chambers, Boston: Dealer discount $1375 + Toyota rebate $2500 = $3875 below MSRP
    Copeland, Brockton: Dealer discount $1417 + Toyota rebate $2500 = $3917 below MSRP (But they were the nicest)
    Bernardi, Framingham: Dealer discount $2369 + Toyota rebate $2500 = $4869 below MSRP
    Tufankjian, Braintree: Dealer discount $2400 + Toyota rebate $2500 = $4900 below MSRP
    Boch, Norwood: Dealer discount $2580 + Toyota rebate $2500 = $5080 below MSRP (However, that I found dealing with them via E-Mail to be wicked annoying. Prepare to not get direct responses to your messages and instead have two or three completely different salespeople try to start over with you each day :rolleyes:)

I'm positive these aren't as low as they could go, but my schedule constrained my buying window significantly, and since I didn't want to count on the factory incentive lasting another month, there was only so much haggling I was prepared to do with them. I'll take the $2500 bird in the hand over the $3000 bird in the bush.

Other considerations: Doc fees quoted ranged from $350-450. As far as inventory, everyone's got a Prime in stock - there were about a hundred of them in and around Boston in total - but inventory isn't quite high enough to necessarily make it easy to come by specific color and trim combinations that you might want if you're buying off the lot. It's easier to find Advanced and Premium than Plus, Titanium Glow and Blue Magnetism were least common while Blizzard Pearl and Classic Silver were most common, and Black interiors outnumber the Moonstones. Either no one knew if the factory rebate will be renewed for July, or they knew and they weren't telling.

If you're in a part of the country with no Primes in sight and dealers asking sticker price or above, a one-way plane ticket to come out here will pay for itself! We in Massachusetts have definitely got a bunch of dealerships who are very eager to sell you a Prime. We don't do temp plates here, though, so you'd have to ask the dealer how that works. It does work somehow, I asked some of them about sales to out-of-staters and they said that they do so with some regularity.

20. Ryan c

Ryan c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Okay finalized my Prius Prime transaction this morning. I worked with Berlin City Toyota in Portland, Maine. Salesman was Peter Gordon. He was super helpful and not pushy at all. Final cost for Prius Prime Premium with bumper applique, door guard, and cargo mats (none of which I wanted, but what can you do?) was 25,600 (2500 Toyota rebate + 2700 dealer discount) not including tax which will be about 1000 more where I live. After federal rebate and Colorado rebate the cost will go down to around 17.5K! My parents also bought a Prime from the same dealer and salesman. They paid about $400 more because they got the more expensive blizzard pearl color. Anyway, I will pick it up in a few weeks and am very excited. Thanks to everyone on the forum who steered me in this direction especially stuyguy!

In case anyone is interested, here is contact info for Peter Gordon 207-358-3429.

Prius from Dad and stuyguy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.