1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thread for All Confirmed Prices.

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Tideland Prius, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)

2. Glipzcom

Glipzcom New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus

I just want to join in and say I shouldn't be shocked, but the dealers seem to have very little incentive to offer any deals here in the Bay area. I have contacted over 14 dealers looking for the lowest prices they will sell the car for, and every one of them just quotes MSRP, which for the 4 different Prius Prime Plus Models I have been quoted are:
    $28209- $29,078
    They are all the bottom models, generally with just added floor mats.
    A little discouraging, as in the past I always had great success using the email mass reach approach to get well below invoice pricing, but I guess with so little inventory they all have a take it or leave it attitude, as some other buyer will come along.
    I share this story just so if there any others out there also feeling like they are having trouble getting a good deal you aren't alone.

But that said, I still plan on pulling the trigger this week, now I just need to pick which salesmen gets my business.
    Guess I just pick the closest one!

Glen.

3. JasonG

JasonG Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Yes, I bought on January 1, 2017 and there was little inventory (SF and City Toyota had none that weren't allocated already). Melody Toyota on El Camino had a premium which I bought on the spot after a test drive. Would not recommend them if you have a choice even if they are the closest... They were not good to work with even though there was essentially no haggling.

bisco and Glipzcom like this.
  4. giora

giora Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
  5. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was able to get 2.2% off MSRP for an Advanced. Then any rebates applicable...hope the $1K rebate is still valid. It's due in March.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  7. bowang

bowang Member

Glen,
    bottom model with only floor mat is popular, they are gone fast so less discount.

As you know If you are willing to pay for premium trim, there are many car on the lot has 50+ mileage from test drive that dealer are willing to negotiate. Many of these car has overpriced option like door guard, bumper protector. Just saw one today at dealer. I am shopping for a prime too but I can wait. Maybe after this wave of Japan market debuts US will get more cars.

Glipzcom likes this.
  8. jettie1767

jettie1767 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    $29k for the Premium model plus 3rd year of free service bought two weeks ago.

9. always_shifting

always_shifting Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Purchased on February 25th in Bethesda, MD from Jim Coleman Toyota. Finally got around to documenting the price.

Premium trim, with the optional Blizzard White color (looks fantastic). Also got the All-Weather Mats package (including cargo mat). MSRP was $30,359.00. I managed to talk them down to $30,000. After all the dealer fees, titling, registration, taxes, etc, I walked out the door for $31367.00 and I got away with a full tank of gas ;)

Drove it 1000 miles home and arrived in Florida the next morning with a brand-new whip :cool:

Glipzcom likes this.
  10. EV-ish

EV-ish Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    I hope I am not getting ahead of myself ... awaiting Bill of Sale

I live in the Mountain States Region and placed a deposit on a Prime+ around December for MSRP of $27.1K+$865 delivery charge. Denver finally received a few cars last week and SLC as well, but my dealership is still waiting. I'm not really in any hurry to buy but the NY/NJ/CT region has a $2000 Toyota cash back offer this month so I started calling around, figuring that the cash back was more than shipping.

I have found the grey metallic PLUS (base) model I wanted for $25,500 out the door to the truck ;-)
    For those keeping score, that is $2,465 below MSRP+Toyota_delivery_charge, and I received about $300 worth of port add-ons free and no Doc fees.
    I'll pay $925 shipping to the large (for us!) city 200 miles away, and of course local TTL

I have to say, talking with the 'internet sales' people is much easier for me than the floor salespeople, and I save $1540 and free add-ons that retail for ~ $300 when all is said and done. Since my state has a property tax, if I'm lucky the taxes will be on $25,500 instead of $27,100.

Addendum:
    Deposit paid, Bill of Sale looks right.
    I do have to go through a dance routine where the contract is overnighted to me for signature, but the car should be ready to ship out early next week. I figure in another 10 years or so the dealerships will realize that signatures can be handled electronically.

#170 EV-ish, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Gen 3 for me likes this.
  11. Phildgreat

Phildgreat Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I'm receiving offers for a Prius Premium in SoCal with selling price of $30,008 for $33,508 OTD. This includes all weather mats, rear bumper oblique and the destination charge. MSRP is $28,800. I chose the 0.9% financing options instead of the $1,000 off.

Is this in line with what the So Cal folks are paying? I'd like to lock one down today (either buy one inventory or leave a deposit).

Thanks!

12. EV-ish

EV-ish Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Appears to be msrp and perhaps $250 Doc fees. Each city and county in CA sets their own rates.

13. Phildgreat

Phildgreat Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Yes, pretty much so.

I stopped by a few more dealerships today and they held their ground at MSRP. I found a dealership who will have the color combo I want with no extra add ons (all weather mats, rear bumper applique, and etc) @ an MSRP of $28,800. I'm likely going back to place an order on this tomorrow.

bisco and priuscatprimeguy like this.
  14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome, all the best with your purchase!(y)

15. AltPwr

AltPwr New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Been researching quite a while on a Prime to add to our collection - 2010 Gen 3 Prius and 2016 Rav4 Hybrid. Primes not shipped to MI, so only local ones are brought in from out of state. Test drove a Prime in Troy Mi, good car, but wrong options. Long internet search turned up Hoselton Toyota in Rochester NY with two Primes that fit our needs. They had 10+ Primes on the lot, dealership had really good reviews/ratings, AND the NY Toyota factory $2000 rebate still in effect!.

Took a few days to setup the deal, then we took Amtrak there (we like trains!) and got the car.

Minor problem with payment (known in advance). They would not take out of state checks - even from banks... So needed wire transfer. (no problem), but wire transfers take up to 24 hr to clear... After several failed attempts, and finally getting their financial people directly on the phone with my bank - they got enough confirmation to release the car.

Really nice salesman (Joseph Monkelbaan) worked easily over email and phone to help set things up. Picked us up a the train station as well. Pleasure to work with.

No pressure (on us being the now captive audience), no fluff added to the car, and no additional fees other standard DOC. Dealership did the USAReg paperwork to title in Mi, collected Mi taxes (ouch), and put on the temp plates.

As to price - they did not move off MSRP as expected, but since there was no additional fluff, and we did get the $2000 Toyota rebate - good deal.

If you are willing to travel a bit, and can sort out the wire transfer mess, check em out. The rebate is good for a bit longer (April I think - but verify).

Still learning all the gadgets on the car, and trying to change driving habits from hypermiling to mostly electric with occasional gas.

#175 AltPwr, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  16. Phildgreat

Phildgreat Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Found a dealer willing to do 600 under msrp. I've booked mine. PM me for details. Probably need to act fast.

bisco likes this.
  17. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    is it a state secret? wiki leaks will find out eventually.:cool:

18. allotropic

allotropic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Just purchased one in the Plus trim for $27,233 after $1000 rebate-- a little over $30,000 out the door in the Bay Area. Base everything, except for all-weather floormats (which virtually all dealers seem to include).

The lowest I was quoted was $27,133 for a car that would come in in mid/late-April, but given the status of the California $1500 rebate funds, we decided to just buy a car now rather than risk missing the rebate.

19. Phildgreat

Phildgreat Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Good call. Last I checked, there were 56% of the funds remaining so I think I'll be safe come late April but who knows...

20. allotropic

allotropic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I think there should still be funds in mid-April, but late-Apri/early May (which some dealers were telling me) might be cutting it a little close depending on if PHEV/EV sales pick up as the weather gets warmer. Since we were flexible on color and the price was only $100 more than the lowest quote we got, decided to just pull the trigger and get one that was already on the lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.