1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Three beeps for every door closing . . .

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by The Swan, Nov 25, 2013.

1. The Swan

The Swan New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    (forgive me for not finding the answer to this elsewhere on this site, or not posting this question in the right place.) everytime i get out of my 2012 prius and close the door with the key in my pocket, engine running, i get three exterior beeps. if i then open and close any other door while outside the car, i get three more beeps. i can imagine this is toyota's way of reminding me that the car is running and key is not inside. is there a way to disable this annoyance, either myself or at the dealership? thanks for your help.

2. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Not that I know of.

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Okay.

But why would you even want to disable this "annoyance"?

Getting a good, very noticeable warning that you have exited your vehicle while leaving it running is a GOOD thing, especially with a hybrid and a Prius.

I think, Beep, Beep, Beep, as a reminder that I'm now standing outside my running vehicle is fine with me.

Unless you have a delivery job or a lot of situations that force you to exit your vehicle and leave it running, you really don't want to be standing outside of your vehicle while it's left on.