1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Throttle body, HVAC system refresh, wheel alignment

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Raoul Duke II, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Raoul Duke II

Raoul Duke II Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How imperative is it to clean the throttle body, have the HVAC system “refreshed” (cleaning the evaporator and freshening the ventilation), and a wheel alignment (car seems pretty straight to me) for a 2014 Prius three with 25,000 miles?

I take my Prius to the dealership every year for routine maintenance, since no garages around me to my knowledge, work on Prii. I got the Toyota 30,000 check up since I’ll be near 35,000 when I take it again next year and these were the “requires immediate attention” notes. Any one?

2. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    money making/

3. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I never had my Prius serviced in ten years by the dealer.

I have had bad luck on front end alignments, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

#3 padroo, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Grit likes this.
  4. Starship16

Starship16 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Dealers will always recommend (hard sell?) extra services that are above & beyond what Toyota lists in the Owner's Manual schedule of maintenance. Unless they find a specific problem, I believe most are unnecessary, and agree it's just a money-maker for the dealer.

I follow what is says in the Owner's Manual. I may change my oil a little more often, but that's it.

Grit likes this.
  5. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Look at the manual and follow what it has at 35,000 interval. If your super lazy, sign up on carfax, put your vin # in and receive emails to remind you what maintaince items are due soon. It even tells you what items are due to change and switch from server driver to normal driver.

This will be the last time I say this becuase no one ever uses this advice.

padroo likes this.
  6. Starship16

Starship16 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    If a service writer is pushy, or recommending things I have doubts about, I just show him the factory maint schedule and say "this is all I want." A lot of those guys seem to prey on women and the elderly... try and take advantage of them. I would like to kick their asses! :LOL:

padroo likes this.
  7. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    All of those services provide some amount of value, but I would not consider them to be absolutely necessary.

iPhone ? Pro

Raytheeagle likes this.