1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thule Cargo Box

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Tadashi, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just picked up my Thule Cargo Box. The only cons I have so far is that it it is about $200 more expensive than the Yakima 16 cu ft cargo box and that my Yakima fairing will not fit on the bar with the cargo box (it sits down low on the bars).

The Pros are that it is very sleek, connectors will fit any rack, they slide around so you can set the box so that the hatch does not hit it when you open it all the way. I remember Darell having to jury-rig a piano wire setup to prevent the hatch from hitting his. The connectors basically slide to any position until you screw them down to lock them into place and they close the claw around the bar at the same time.

I was surprised at the size. I had to pick it up at the local UPS Freight center since it was so big. After inspecting it and determining there was no damage I had to have one of the shipping guys help me put it on the rack. I am going to have to carry around a footstool with it in order to get into it.

I did have to remove my antenna to get it on. It is so wide you cannot put it on one side or the other. Luckily, I have the shark antenna coming in a couple weeks. At most with 59" bars you might be able to get one bike rack on one side.

I did notice that there was no wind noise and it only affected my MPG about 1 MPG. I drove around my normal commute with it on to check. Once I fill it up along with the car my fuel economy will probably go down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wayne Lee

Wayne Lee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm considering buying a Thule Evolution that is 78" long. Will that fit on my 2013 Prius? Which boxes fit best? Recommendations?