1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thule Rapid System

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by skijapan, Jan 1, 2006.

1. skijapan

skijapan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Has anyone ever installed a Thule Rapid System 750 on a Prius. I just got this rack because it seemed like it would be a cinch to install and remove. It wasn't. It doesn't seem to fit very well and is a pain in the monkey to tighten down. Is it possible that I missed something in Thule's lousey instructions that would make this installation easier?

2. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Is this the same as the Thule 400XT which is the recommended Thule rack for the Prius? According to their web site... you would want: 400XT Aero Foot Pack | LB50 Load Bars | 2142 Fit Kit

/Jim

3. skijapan

skijapan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hmmm, those could be U.S. part numbers which may be different from Japan parts. Does that correspand to the "rapid system"? I noticed that the Thule U.K. website had parts that best matched the ones in the Japanese cataloge. The U.S. stuff seemed pretty different. Anyway, I know I got the right parts for my car in this country. It even says "prius" on the fit kit instruction manual.

It just seemed way more difficult to fit to my car than one would think it should be. Do I suck at using Thule products, or does Thule suck at making racks?

4. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I did not originally notice that you were from Japan... I will have to look in more detail, but I suspect that we are just looking at a difference in country part numbers.

I am interested in getting a Thule rack for my car that could hold at least two sets of golf clubs.

Does anyone know if a 2" receiver hitch is available for the Prius? If so, then I could use a rear box rather than putting one on the roof.

/Jim