1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Thule T2, Yakima HookUp, Saris Cycle-On with Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by onree, Feb 4, 2007.

1. jgills240

jgills240 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Apr 16 2007, 04:08 PM) [snapback]424237[/snapback]</div>
    wow. i'd have to say that's the best looking design for a hitch-rack that i've ever seen! quite ingenious way of locking to the wheels instead of the frame. How snug is the thin road wheel in the big cup? it looks like there's a narrower groove for it, but can't tell for sure. Also, i didn't see what tires you had on your mountain, but does it look like there would be a problem with some of the wider 'knobbies' sliding into the wheel cup?

Very nice looking! congrats. B)

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My MTB tires are 2.1", and I think the docs say the cups will handle 3.0". Certainly there is tons more room left with my knobbies in there. There is a groove just for road tires, and both the skinny and fat tires are held equally well.

If it weren't for the interference issue with the road fork, I'd be all thumbs up. My road bike is NOT that exotic so I'm not sure just how many bikes they tested this with - or how they determined how high to make that cup piece. The good news is that they're listening to my input, the bad news is that I have to go out and cut mine back now.