1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

@$%@$%^ Ticket in Orange County

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bshef, Feb 16, 2006.

1. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

thanks for the suggestions ;)

2. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    sure, why not, maybe it will garner a little sympathy. B)

3. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

First off, I wanted to say that I agree with most of your post. I too am super nice to cops on the road, I save the fight for the courtroom. ;) Although there have been times where I've been pulled over by 20-something cops with serious attitudes with something to prove, and if I get the sense I'm getting a ticket in such situation anyway, then I'll just do everything I can to make them miserable.

Unfortunately, though, MOST cops will try and get you to say something to incriminate yourself. Like the infamous, "How fast do you think you were going?" question (for which you should NEVER, EVER, answer directly).

The true "art" in getting pulled over is assessing the situation second by second. You've got to "read" the cop to see how you might answer him, do you get the feeling he's the type of cop that if you just flat out admitted, and "looked" horribly concerned, and apologized, he would let you off? It all depends...

5. Mystery Squid

habitual behavior???? that's very THOUGHT POLICE-esque.... He might as well have written him up for the same offense 12 separate times, on 12 separte tickets, with future dates on each one.... :lol:

"quote myth"???? :lol: It ain't a myth lady..

Nothing but legalized extortion flavored candy covered in a yellow smiley-face wrapper called "safety" to make you feel better....

6. Mystery Squid

I just needed to go on a tirade after reading this post. So please excuse me, it is not meant to be personal.

THIS, is precisely what a government wants. Docile people who submit easily to "control" measures. Ever since the first day of school, we're taught to avoid conflict. If the teacher puts us in the corner, there's a good reason. You should just hang your head low and take the punishment like a good little boy.

Fights are a bad thing. "Civilized" people don't use fists. Yeah right, so when THE MAN comes knocking with his army, your fighting skills a well below theirs, plus, you've been CONDITIONED to avoid conflict. It is far easier for them if you walk yourself into the back of the truck than to be BEATEN and DRAGGED. "OWN UP" they say, sure, facing the firing squad is an honorable thing to do, you'll make your family proud, and that's one less body to question or resist us.

We've also been CONDITIONED to believe that we're somehow all "equal". No one likes it when someone moves ahead in some fashion of someone else. They get jealous, feel betrayed, angry, and it's easy to RALLY everyone else on this pretext. Simply MORE CONDITIONING for the day when THE MAN comes.

Why do you think our fore-fathers made DAMN SURE we could own guns? I'll tell you right now, it's NOT for "sporting" purposes. Rather to be able to muster support and march upon the seat of government if necessary. I ask you, is this even POSSIBLE today? Sure isn't, the average citizen can't exactly own F16's can they? We've been WATERED DOWN to mostly ineffective drones. The methods of control today are education (or more accurately RE-EDUCATION) and media. While we all spin our wheels and talk about who did what do whom, why, and where's the evidence, THE MAN does what he feels. Threaten to gather support to change something or other by "voting"? :lol: I've got some property on THE MOON I want to sell you... Yes, most of us have been effectively NEUTERED, we aren't a threat to anyone, yet we are all totally controlled by maybe no more than a handful of people in the world.

So go ahead, watch TV, TALK about politics, be HUMBLE, "OWN UP", avoid CONFLICT, and be a good little citizen would you?

7. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Hmmmm...mood.....Today, I don't know what got into me. Saw a car stop for a red light, then just pull out against the red. Pulled him over...he said "yep, I know, I don't know what I was thinking"...Warning, saw another guy stopped at a red, opposite traffic started up (they had left turn arrow) and he goes ahead through the red for his direction...stopped him "yep, I wasn't paying attention, when I saw my light was still red I figured I can't stop here, so I went on"...warning. LAter, stopped a lady for no headlights, watched her with no headlights for several blocks as I was catching up..."oops, it is a different car and my car has auto headlights...sorry" (oh, this is a well lit city street)...warning.

I am not LIKE this, three warnings in a row!!!!! I'll NEVER make my quota at this rate!!! My quota is....as many as I want!

I am gritting my teeth at all the "assumptions" and "opinions" being thrown around as FACT!

Tomorrow, LOOK OUT PUBLIC (oh wait, I am off tomorrow)

I will admit, the MOST INCORRECT statement is "traffic enforcement is just about revenue generation". What the H*ll good would tickets do if THEY DIDN'T RESULT IN A LOSS OF MONEY!

Ya' know.....for a person who ran a whole thread about facts and opinions being melded together....you're an EXPERT Squid! :lol: :eek:

8. Schmika

Schmika New Member

The technical sociological term for this in law enforcement is "voluntary compliance" It is what prevents anarchy. Since the population of the US is, Oh, about 260 million and the total number of law enforcement is ,oh, 3/4 of a million. It kinda has to work that way.

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Gee...I think TAXES are just EXTORTION.

I think I won't pay them anymore.

Here's my proof.

10. Mystery Squid

Yeah, RIIIIIIIGHT, talk about PROPAGANDA, yes, let's all admit to the kind officer we were wrong and he'll let us off with a WARNING. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, that works in how many situations?

Tell us how many tickets you DID issue today so we can put it in a little bit better of a perspective...

If your quota is in fact how many YOU want, howabout not writing tickets or warnings for an entire month then. Prove it, if it isn't about revenue generation, only give out warnings for let's say, 3 months. ;)

:)

[Broken External Image]:http://www.propagandamatrix.com/tshirtcoporterrorist.JPG

11. Mystery Squid

Well Schmika, this right here is your value added to PC.

I'm sure as heck going to remember this one!

Thanks!

12. Subversive

Subversive New Member

I, for one, think that is awesome. I wish more people got pulled over for having their headlights out. (I don't care if you write them a ticket, but pull them over.) And, dare I dream? For failure to use a turn signal when changing lanes? Oh, that would be sweet! Or here's one: people riding bicyles in traffic at night that are missing either a front headlight or a rear deflector. Yeah, yeah, now that's just crazy talk, I know.

I don't think all traffic enforcement is just about revenue generation, but speed traps and ticket quotas are, and the stoplight ticket cameras with the fast yellow lights most certainly are (they certainly aren't about safety). I think it varies from community to community.

13. Subversive

Subversive New Member

I think Schmika was joking. Anyone who works in a large office or for a large company is very familiar with metrics. Management wants to be able to measure and compare performance and they don't have the time to get to know their employees and really observe how they do their jobs, so they come up with simple statistics to measure performance, and then they rely almost completely on them regardless of any inadequacies in the metric. How did you spend each hours of your time today? How many task-objects did you complete? That's it.

How many cars did the car salesman sell this month? How many register rings per hour did the cash register make an hour? How many new customer cases were accepted or closed by customer service today? And in the case of traffic cops, how many tickets did you write and how much money did you bring into department coffers? Maybe there is not officially an exact number that has to be met every month and maybe there is. But I police officers get regular performance reviews, just like every other worker, and their managers love metrics just as much as everyone else's. And the pressure is on.

14. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    You're right, if it didn't cost people any money, they'd be crashing in to each other all the time. The fact that it's wrong wouldn't mean anything. I see it all the time. A cop who drives a Prius, eh? I love it. Are you the only one that you know of, or are there others you're aware of?

15. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    In Los Angeles County the court clerk's office has a matrix of the court dates for the Los Angeles Police Department officers who are assigned to the traffic division. The trial date will always be set according to the court schedule of the citing officer. It maximizes their time in the field. There are ways to get around it, but I am not about to teach traffic scofflaws how to beat the system.

16. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'd like to see citations for honking your horn for 10 min. at 6 am because your car pool is still sleeping and you're too lazy to get out and knock on the door.

I'd also like to see citations for those really loud stereos (the ones where the trunk is full of big speakers and nothing else could fit in there). I know those are against the law but they're still being installed. How come it's even legal to install those suckers? If it's illegal to drive with a cell phone or headphones...why let the big, loud stereos get a free pass?

17. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That is an incorrect statement of the law. A police officer does not have to Mirandize you unless he or she is about to interrogate you while you are in custody.

18. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My last warning was this situation. I nearly ran the cop over!! I told him I was already home walking the dog. I think he was relieved that I did not hit him and was thinking it would be a good joke for folks later. I appreciated the warning.

I'd like to add the idiots who drive with their snively little dogs in their lap/on the stereing wheel. Tell me how that is acceptable and the cell phone is illegal. Throw in the make-up and shaving dudes as well...

19. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    hell. i've always been of the opinion that your driver's license test should include an IQ test section :lol:

20. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    :D And the ones who score below a certain IQ should have the letters DF on their license plate.