1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

@$%@$%^ Ticket in Orange County

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bshef, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Ahhh, shifts over and I broke out of my slump. Ticketed a guy for 50 in a 35 and a gal for 41 in a 25. (then I warned a guy for 47 in a 35)

Good days work!!!!!!!!

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

So Schmeek, when you gonna only write warnings for 3 months to prove there are no pecuniary motives?

:lol:

3. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How much does respect, honesty, and an apology count towards a warning verses a ticket? I always appreciated those things. I have not figured out why so many people go out of their way to bust a traffic cop's butt before the ticket book even comes out.

4. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Oooooh, a lot more than you think. But mostly in that "hazy" area where the violation is not too bad. C'mon, why would you expect a warning if you are bustin the speed limit by 20mph plus, or run a stop sign at full speed. It also matters if you are stopped by an officer who is "assigned" traffic detail or one that is a grunt officer shagging calls and occasionally watching traffic. Me, if the first words or actions out of your mouth or body show disdain...well, why warn? You just told me it wouldn't do any good....most people pay more attention when they lose some cash.

5. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Hey squid...I never said I would warn for three months (unlike the stop posting comment of yours on that other thread). One will not prove the other. I am NOT going to ignore violations (safety) just to prove or disprove some point to you....because...as you have shown....it would not convince you anyway.

6. Mystery Squid

This is true...

I think you're one of those good local cops. You're not a nazi-esque state trooper are you?

Then again, I can never tell. Sometimes, there are local cops who feel they "own" their locality, likewise with Staties... I get the feeling you're in my 80%'er category...

7. Schmika

Schmika New Member

As is the fate of all police officers everywhere...I AM what you perceive me to be!

8. Mystery Squid

9. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I know exactly where you're coming from. I teach driver improvement-(Ticket) and drug and alchohol classes. I also worked in LE years ago. I used to get real frosted when I was lied to and/or dissed. You sound like an OK guy.

Do you have many motors in your PD?

10. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I teach the 4 hr. ticket class. I try to make the class interesting. Unfortunately, here in FL accidents are far too common. I don't think a few miles over the limit is a big deal. However, safety is a big deal. For every dollar we pay for auto ins. 25 cents is due to DUI/Accidents/Injuries.

Some cops are ok, some are not. A lot of it depends on how you treat him/her when you get pulled over. I'm not perfect, but I've been hit twice in the last 5 years by speeders- 1 was on her cell phone to boot.

Just go to traffic school and forget it. My home state does NOT have traffic school as an option, so you get the points.

11. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    18 months? Here you can only go once a year voluntarily, and you get 5 times to go in your lifetime of driving. If the court tells you to go it doesn't count against your 5 chances.

12. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Squid, Why waste all that time and energy on something like this? I never drive more than 5 MPH over the posted speed. The exceptions: School zones, construction zones, and common sense places. Guess how many times I've been stopped. None for speeding. I have been stopped for minor unusual stuff, but not ticketed.

Like last year when the last hurricane came through & blew out many lights & stop signs. I almost got hit twice in less than 2 minutes. I had to take evasive manuvers just to avoid 2 accidents. A traffic unit pulled me over. I explained exactly what happened. I then apologized for possibly endangering his road in such horrible conditions. The cop was really stressed. But, I was respectful, truthful, and sympathized with his situation.

13. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is using a cell phone while driving an infraction in your state?

14. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Walker......
    Ever try the "Edit" feature instead of spamming the thread?

Schmika........
    I'll never forget one day after school in like 1972/73?.....watching TV which suddenly went blip........and all of a sudden Xenia was almost wiped off the map!.....I was probably 9 or 10 yrs old......Living in Tipp City

15. Mystery Squid

To tell you the absolute truth, I would be HAPPY to pay THE STATE, flat out, a $500 fine, up front, as opposed to a $100 ticket, and a surcharge on my insurance for about 3 YEARS on three vehicles that I own, totalling about $2,000...

The insurance companies make it worthwhile to fight every ticket.

Funny thing is, you mentioned speeding. Oddly, the law I break the most, and to a very high degree, :ph34r: , is the one I'm almost never busted for. I seem to always get retarded crap like illegal passing, briefly popping into the breakdown lane in heavy traffic, not clearly displaying my plates, expired emissions sticker :rolleyes: , etc.

16. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I can't believe how some of you are trying to beat a speeding ticket by using your Prius as an excuse to speed. Just don't go over the posted limit by more than 5 MPH and you'll probably never get pulled over. Exceptions: School & construction zones, etc.

I was hit twice in the last 5 years by a cell phone/speeder and a trucker who bent down to pick up a cigarette. Both times I was moderately injured & out of work.

I have 1 question- Why do you all have a super economy car and speed? Why do you blame the cops when you know you are guilty?

Every 4 out of 5 accidents occur at intersections. Don't run that red light or stop sign. I might be the person you hit. I'm not a wise guy, but I want to stay alive and well.

17. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I wasn't aware I was spamming the thread. Sorry if I spoiled your fun. B)

18. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II

[​IMG]

19. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This thread is probably too old for this to get noticed by the
    right people, but Schmika -- I've got a serious question: how often
    do you and your colleagues issue citations for *tailgating* and
    other clearly dangerous close-proximity behavior, as opposed to
    simply exceeding posted speed limits? Does your jurisdiction
    include faster highways, on which you could pick off any number
    of people bouncing along at 70+ half a car length from each other
    in the left lane? Does anyone actually *care* about that, which
    is likely more dangerous than mildly exceeding speed limits with
    a reasonable safety buffer around one's self?
    I am seriously looking for law enforcement's take on this, because
    it's so bad around here I want to start making a few queries around
    the Mass. staties' neck of the woods to see if any better awareness
    could be raised. When people crowd my butt at well *above* the
    local limit, it really bugs the F* out of me. Doesn't matter what
    I'm driving, either, so this is hardly prius-specific.
    thanx for any meaningful discussion of this you can engage in...
    _H*

20. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    These are all the reasons Squid is a self-solving 'problem'.