1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

@$%@$%^ Ticket in Orange County

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bshef, Feb 16, 2006.

1. FourOhFour

FourOhFour Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Actually, it makes more sense to reply directly to the post you are responding to, using multiple posts if responding to multiple posts. This way, the people who use the outline view will still have the posts properly threaded.

Edit: Hmm... outline view appears to be broken. Huh. Well, I guess nobody uses it then.

2. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

Just want to update everyone that my ticket was dismissed today!!!!
    :D :D :D

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Congratulations!!! :D

4. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

THANK YOU!!!

5. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

So much for standing up, taking responsibility for your actions, and paying your fine like a good little honest girl... :lol:

Congrats, though, always nice to hear of THE STATE spinning its wheels on stupid tickets as such...

So how did you win, was this at the Magistrate level (seems to be given what you wrote)? What was your tactic/explanation?

6. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I just did what your avatar is doing, didn't even have to open my mouth :lol:

7. Mystery Squid

:lol:

Yup, chicks can sure get away with a lot more when it comes to citations...

8. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

Ohh wait, I also brought pictures to show that the stop sign is completly obstructed by the branches of a tree growing right next to it.

9. Mystery Squid

Cool....

B)

You didn't happen to attach the obstructing branches did you? :lol:

10. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

not all of them ;)

11. Mystery Squid

12. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congrats you must have caught the judge on a good day! :)

LOL, most traffic officers live for court, if it falls on a day off its O/T!

I think its an epidemic stop sign red light roll through if the tires didnt stop rolling you didnt come to a complete stop that how traffic crashes start or by not paying attention...

One of our motorcycles poped a speeder in a school zone it cost the driver $500 this was 8am at 4pm the same driver was popped again by a diff radio car another $500 thats $1000 + points I think the driver will go to court and have to pay the court costs also.. I would have learned from the first time... <_<

13. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KTPhil @ Feb 18 2006, 10:50 AM) [snapback]211824[/snapback]</div>
    Speaking of LA, has anybody out there gotten a ticket for an "LA left?" There are many, many, many intersections in LA where there is not left turn lane and there is ALWAYS tons of traffic going straight through the intersection in the opposite direction than you are travelling. The NORMAL protocol at these intersections is that two or three left-turning cars make the left AFTER the light has changed. People who DO NOT take the left after the light has changed get honked and yelled and cussed at. I know this, because, one time last summer, just after our son had gotten his license, we were driving down to LA to visit my family. While we were on the road, I told the son, "now, do NOT do this anywhere EXCEPT LA," and then reminded my husband of this quirk in the LA traffic patterns. So, a few hours later, there we were in LA, at a light with no left turn lane/light, and waiting to make a left. My husband sat after he was first in line when the light went red and DID NOT MOVE. Not only did we get honked, flashed and cussed, but I was pretty sure I could see someone a coupla cars behind THINKING about the baseball bat (or gun, or whatever) that I was pretty sure he was going to be reaching for...

Anyway, I KNOW left on red is illegal, but there just does not seem to be any other way to get through these intersections...Should I be more worried about a ticket or getting shot? :eek: