1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tiger team on unexpected accelerations

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Apr 8, 2010.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I remember about 14 years ago when one bunch of 'journalists' loaded explosive charges into chevy pickup doors because it gave greater drama to is issue of the then drama packed GM quality issue. When the journalistic deception was discovered, rather than fire the slim balls, they let 'em justify what they'd done, saying that the effect was a realistic depiction of the issue (shaking head). So, is it ok that reporters 'don't often' split hairs? How many instances make it over the top?

2. vegasjetskier

vegasjetskier New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  3. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Bob, laws have changed quite a bit here in texas. They now have no refuse days, where if you refuse a breathalizer, they hold you down and take your blood.

I'm sure the driver would be in trouble if it was his fault. So there is motive to blame the car. It would be nice if toyota did check it out right away.

How are those things anywhere equivalent. I said splitting hairs about liability for not doing work and causing a safety hazzard. I said it was splitting hairs to say toyota did not liability. Yes the dealer that takes money, but does not do the work, then lies about it creating a safety hazzard is at fault. But since the dealer is authorized and acting as an agent for toyota in the repair toyota would also be named in a lawsuit. Add to it the misleading statements that toyota has made about the safety of the pedals and cars and toyota would of course be named in a law suit.

What lie did you see in the article?

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    perhaps madcow disease of sort is affecting our elderly drivers.