1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tighten seat belt receivers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by HDuncan, Apr 13, 2015.

1. HDuncan

HDuncan Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My new 06 prius seatbelts are kind of loose -- like they fall with a thud when you unclip them, and when I look at where they attach, its like they are not fully tightened, where they stay put -- they just rotate down with gravity. My 2005 doesnt do this.

It seems like they may have been taken off and were not put back on right, because the bolt holding the belt receiver in (I'm talking about driver and passenger belt receiver that is attached to the side of the seat between seat and center console btw), the bolt holding the receiver in doesnt seem like it can be tightened any further, and yet the belt receiver doesnt feel secured.

#1 HDuncan, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The tightening torque for the bolt is 31 ft.-lb. Maybe you should remove one of the belt receivers (which requires removing the front seat first) and see what the problem is. Could it be that the two parts were swapped?

#2 Patrick Wong, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    HDuncan likes this.
  3. HDuncan

HDuncan Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'll try this, thanks!!!