1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tilt out lower rear window for temporary hot air ventilation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by itjck01, Jul 12, 2005.

1. itjck01

itjck01 New Member

Subject says it pretty much. Has anyone thought of or done a mod to the lower rear hatch window, such that it can tilt out to allow venting of accumulated hot air from summer sun, and/or rude guest riders.

I am a Expedition owner also, and having rear side cabinet windows that open (much like many mini-vans and vans) is great for quick cool off before closing up for A/C.

:) jck

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Seems interesting though I expect it would be somewhat expensive, especially since you would need an electric motor to close it.

3. lt1jane

lt1jane New Member

I think window caps would work as well. I had window caps on my Saturn (which I traded in for my Prius) and loved them. I could crack the windows in a parking lot and not worry if it rained. A set of four Window caps will run you $75-100 depending on where you find them.

I'm still adjusting to my higher car payments and haven't yet picked any up. Boy do I miss them.

4. clubmedic

clubmedic New Member

I seem to remember a problem with having a back window open... back in the days of station wagons, an open back window allowed exhaust fumes to come into the car and that was not good for the occupants.

Of course, that was a station wagon. We're talking about a Prius here <G>

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What about the 4Runner? I love that back window that can roll down. It's like a moonroof - ventilation without the wind buffeting upon your face.