1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tilt sensor

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lexidium, Feb 21, 2019.

1. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Weird ... I had never heard of that thingy. It seems different from this thingy.

It seems there was the RS3200+ thingy that detects glass breakage (but not impact?), or this thingy to detect impact (but not glass breakage?) ... did either one detect tilt?

Also, I see that the RS3200+ thingy says "Do not install on ZVW30L-AHXGBA" ... just my model. :( Anybody know why?

(Edit: I see now this is in Gen 2's forum, where the RS3200+ I linked to was for Gen 3. Only just not my Gen 3.)

2. Victorio Mo

Victorio Mo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    20200508_172242.jpg
    Hi guys, the ONLY installation is needed is to connect extra wire to door plunger. This is your extra signal line. This is 6$ project which works on factory alarm. Good addition to your 250K Miles G2.

To access wire, fold your chair, and pry open that fabric/plywood cover to get enough opening, cut open wide sleeve to expose wire and splice into it.
    No need even to remove plunger (Torx 30).

I tested it OK: once connected new wire to the ground = like open door then alarm is triggered. (doesn't matter door knob touched or not). Plunger connects single wire to the Ground. I don't care where it goes, wire is thin be careful. Plunger switch is NO = Normally Open ( assume Normal = door closed, when door is closed Plunger is pressed IN, no ground to signal wire). There is no any fancy electronic /brains involved.

I Plan to splice this line into left and right side for 100% result and connect with simple mechanical ball or mercury sensor or $300 powered brain unit with GPS and callback). Simple tilts usually listed as NC, but for not rocket science application could be reversed. If it won't be sensitive enough then you can install relay.

I have now wire in trunk. Will play what position to find which is better, I think might be somewhere in the center.

#22 Victorio Mo, May 9, 2020
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
  3. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
  4. Victorio Mo

Victorio Mo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Today I hacked into neighbor's Gen 3, did same thing, easy too.
    Picture I posted on prev post should explain how it works very clear.

#24 Victorio Mo, May 10, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
    SFO likes this.
  5. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    do you have a link to where you brought ur tilt sensor?

6. Victorio Mo

Victorio Mo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    you can put you sensor in any location you want , doesn't matter. Mine are in the trunk from both sides on floor level.

7. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Oh I’m trying to figure out how to wire the 507m tilt sensor I just need to figure out where to tap the trigger wire

8. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    i was wondering do our gen2 prius have factory alarm? i tried locking the car and open it from the iniside the car didnt go on panic mode. i tried the panic button it works.

9. The Lizard King

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Mine does.

Do an experiment. Roll your windows down. Lock your Prius. Put the key fob in the house -- away from your Prius. Go back out to the car and unlock it from the inside by putting your arm through the open window. Report back your findings.

10. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    thats wat i did i rolled down the window and stck my hand inside to open the door and nothing happen but my key is on me but i dont thnk the key matter since most of my test i have the key next to me too and they worked.

11. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    oky so i can confirm there is a option on the techstream to enable the factory alarm. now my questioin is when i use keyless entry the alarm goes off. do any1 have that problem?

SFO likes this.
  12. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope, what you report is not the correct behavior.

13. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    alright so i took a look at the bottom under the steerng colum and see some devce going up to the driver vent and unhooked the plug for them and the alarm works like a charm. I guess it got some after market alarm installed. Now that my alarm is working as it should I am letting a shop install a tilt sensor next week. I will take a lot of picture so every 1 can copy what the shop did to install the tilt sensor and what tilt sensor they use so they dont need to pay a shop to install.

SFO likes this.
  14. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looking forward to your pictures and postings (y)

15. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hoping the installation was painless and well documented.

16. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    i dropped off on thursday but the guy say the tilt sensor got delayed because of the virus which i understand and might come on fri or sat the latest. so today is fri and still no call back yet so i might be getting it tomorrow hopefully. we will see.

SFO likes this.
  17. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    so i picked my car up and everything lighted up on the dash. went back and the guy was like the relay he put in, he have to redo them and add diod to all the connector. after driving home and getting dark i turn on my headlight but my foglight dont work no work so i will be takng it back to the shop again. from what i heard he using the door plunger wire to tigger the alarm. he triied to wire it on the driver side plunger but i think something is wrong with the driver plunger which giving false alarm and keep tiggering the alarm so he switched to the passenger side and fixed that problem.

SFO likes this.
  18. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Additional updates, parts list, or photos of the installation?

19. richard203

richard203 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    i have to go back this week to let them fix again i tired to jack up the car and see if it activate the alarm nothing happen. i guess when they put the diode they didnt try it and the diode screwed up the tilt sensor somehow. i just know that this installation for this shop is no good. i wasted so much time dealing with them. for the price paid to get this install and they say they install a lot on this type of car its all bs.

SFO likes this.
  20. AlexY

AlexY Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Old post but this is important: upload_2020-9-13_18-15-9.png
    So there should be 3 horns in gen 2 prius, there is no way to reach cables of security one without opening the hood.

SFO likes this.