1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Time Magazine Man of the Year

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 20 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]364692[/snapback]</div>
    All I've heard is that Carter is somewhat critical of Israel's dealings with the Palestinians. This makes him Hitler-like? Hitler liked cats also, which probably makes feline owners suspect in your eyes.

Dennis Prager, whom I'm certain you have heard of, once said that a group that couldn't be critical of itself has no validity in their criticism of others. In other words, if you can't take, it don't dish it out. Nobody has a lock on pure truth. Israel does nothing wrong? All Palestinian claims are bogus? I'm certainly much more inclined to see that Israel suffers gravely because of their hostile neighbors, but no rational person can find the Israelis 100% faultless in their dealings. Only a Nazi can see both sides? (And I'm not even close to developing an argument of moral equivalence here.)

But, because of this little debate, I went out today and bought Carter's book. I'll read it, as I'm sure you did to make your severe judgment, and see if he has the same depraved mind as the icon of evil. Then I'll add something further to this.

I knew you'd be happy to be responsible for raising his book sales!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(koa @ Dec 20 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]364710[/snapback]</div>
    You can shave with it too!

2. [you]

[you] New Member

Time's Person of the Year: You

It's about damn time someone recognized me for the special person that I am!

3. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

Next year Time is cutting a rectangular hole through the entire magazine and the person of the year will be everyone else but you.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well the award is given for the one that is most newsworthy.... and he is newsworthy, he definitely generates a lot of cocktail party conversation....a good example of how i look at him is at http://chimpomatic.net

from the website, and i find a truer statement a very difficult task to find

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
    --George w. Bush

Washington, DC
    08/05/2004

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    WHich just goes to show that when there's a lack of any real news worth reporting they'll make anything up! LOL

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Funny how even though Time has recognized YOU, PriusChat's quote mechanism doesn't recognize YOU and screws up the format.

Danny must really be trying to eliminate the [you] tag this time around....

7. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It's so predictable that you're taking [YOU]'s side on this.

8. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Dec 20 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]364922[/snapback]</div>
    Hitler and Napoleon are on too many cat hater lists - here is one of them http://mollykitty.tripod.com/facts4.html

9. Moderator

Moderator New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Dec 21 2006, 03:37 PM) [snapback]365253[/snapback]</div>
    You aren't kidding Tony, my friend. These cliques are frustrating at times. I'm about the throw in the towel and concentrate full time on my paying job.

10. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(koa @ Dec 21 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]365192[/snapback]</div>

That gave me a good laugh (after I just got done admiring my face on the cover of my copy of this week's time magazine :D )

11. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ Dec 21 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]365316[/snapback]</div>
    I have this vivid picture in my mind of der Fuhrer holding a cat in his lap. My mistake.