1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Time to Replace the Brake Actuator?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Mechanic7762, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Mechanic7762

Mechanic7762 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I think it's time. The pump has been kicking in more often recently (around 4 seconds while driving 60 mpg without braking) However, I don't hear the barking seal noise except on a very rare occasion (maybe once a month). Is there anything else I should try before digging in under the hood to replace it?

I have brake codes:
    • C0205 Front Speed Sensor LH Circuit
    • C1236 Foreign Object is Attached on Tip of Front Speed Sensor LH (A previous mechanic damaged it while replacing the wheel hub...)
    • C1256 ACCumulator Low Pressure
    • C1391 Abnormal Leak of ACC Press
    Also, here's a video showing the voltage drop in the brake accumulator sensor and the pump bringing it back up. This was while I was sitting idle.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I would say the brake actuator replacement is indicated given the DTC that were logged.

3. Mechanic7762

Mechanic7762 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I agree. I guess I'll call the dealership to get the correct part number for my VIN and then order a used one off eBay.

4. bobodaclown

bobodaclown Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    There's a place that will rebuild them listed on rock auto for about $450. You have to send them your unit. Im going with a new unit. The tsb is listed on the boards.

SM-T700 ?

5. Mechanic7762

Mechanic7762 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I picked up a used one from a local salvage yard for $100 bucks. Same model as the one I had on mine. I've pulled mine, and mounted its replacement. Just need to hook everything back up and bleed the brakes and such now. I'll let y'all know when I get everything back together.

6. Mechanic7762

Mechanic7762 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    This was a duplicate post. Feel free to delete it. Thanks!