1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Timekill: What kind of junk do you keep in the center console?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sparkyAZ, Sep 26, 2007.

1. chrisspaulding

chrisspaulding sexy, high tech, fun

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Ummmmmmm
    *raises eyebrows* Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Added yesterday:

I gave up on the potted palm and coleus cutting. Too much trouble in the summer heat.

Ended up with my last resort for summer -- a drought resistant succulent and cactus. Looks pretty good (Sheepdog -- if you look closely at the front empty cupholder, you can see one of those "Non-Slip Pads" that work great, lol):

Attached Files:

• 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      159.9 KB
      Views:
  3. A strolling player

A strolling player Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Console contents: on the shelf, old parking permits from former colleges and valet cards (I think). Below the shelf are exactly enough CDs in jewel cases to fit across, even though I never use them because instead I use my iPod. In front are a couple pens, a 3-way 12v DC splitter, the ends of power cables for my iPod/iPhone and my TomTom and of the 3.5mm cable for my iPod, a pair of underpanties (don't ask?), and all manner of gas receipts from the past couple months upon which I have written the tank mileage, overall mileage, and display mileage. I update my Excel spreadsheet with odometer/trip/display MPG/gallons/price per gallon every couple months, and it calculates actual MPG and tank price for me :]

Upper glove box contains my registration on the little shelf, a digital backlit tire pressure gauge, and some napkins from Chipotle in Charlottesville, Virginia. Lower glove box contains a CD I will never listen to, the owner's manual, a pad from the Radisson in Kenner I doodled on in a driver improvement class, a check I need to deposit, and some other things I can't remember.

Secret compartment (pull out tray?) contains somewhere around five dollars, an empty bubble container filled with butts (memory from Bonnaroo!), some condoms, and an old cigarette box from Turkey. I keep meaning to and forgetting to keep a couple Advil in there.

Port side door pocket contains about three bottles of bubbles, a microfibre cloth for the display and radio faceplate, and another small towel mostly for wiping rain from the door panel when I'm too stubborn to close my windows. Starboard door pocket contains an identical small towel for the passenger and a bottle of Tums my friend left in my car a few months ago.

Forward cupholder contains iPod and that little slip my iPod came with; aft cupholder contains small change, cigarettes, and iPhone (often).

Aft port compartment usually contains large towel but currently contains a poncho that kept trying to fly out of the windows that someone apparently left in my car, probably at Bonnaroo. The large aft storage compartment contains a 12v tire compressor, tool set that's missing almost everything except the ratchet set and a rusty utility knife, and a brick that I found at my high school (tire block!); it used to contain a million-candlewatt lantern and another lantern but I took them out because they don't work anymore.

There are other things in almost all of these locations I can't recall at the moment. I like to be prepared? :rolleyes:

4. KandyRedCoi

KandyRedCoi S is for Super!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    center console contents as of now are as follows:

-iPod aux cable
    -iPod/iPhone charger
    -ac/dc power inverter
    -pair of my moms spare reading glasses
    -pair of ankle socks (i left there a while ago)
    -lens cleaning cloth to wipe the MFD and my sunglasses
    -upper tray
    -and a spare dog leash
    -and last but not least a 50 filipino Peso bill

5. Rotorhead

Rotorhead New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    1 ziplock bag of quarters for the car wash.
    Phone charger
    Bottle of Monster Screen Cleaner
    Cork screw / bottle opener
    Puma backpacker knife
    and depending on where I'm driving, a S&W M60 stainless steel .38 cal. revolver.

Mike

6. madsock

madsock New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Console
    - Digital SLR camera (in case i get into a road traffic accident and i need to take photos of some evidence)
    - Cash card for cashless transaction
    - spare change for cash transactions
    - wet tissues
    - small wallet
    - loyalty card for petrol station (which i don't visit often)
    - spare pens
    - small notepad

Drawer
    - Chamois cloth for the birdsh*t emergency

Cup holder
    - One empty (for my phone and PDA when driving)
    - one filled with a wired handsfree (which i don't use) and breath mints

7. Barcelona Red

Barcelona Red OM dream mobile sea glass

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Pen, quarters, gas station receipts, compass, cellphone charger, MP3 jack, 1 plastic spoon, toothpaste, CDs: U2 Under a Blood Red Sky, Glenn Gould The Radio Artist, Led Zeppelin Tribute, Jaya Ram Hindu Chants, Cesaria Evora

8. kjconrad

kjconrad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have one of those windshield shades that fold up into a small circle... it fits perfectly in my center console. I also keep an audio cable in the aux port thats usually hanging out the lid into the first cup holder where I place my iPhone when I'm driving.

In the pull out drawer I have an umbrella.

In the large bin in the back I keep a towel incase I feel the need to run through a car wash, Jumper Cables, and the rear center seat head rest (doesn't fit with my daughter's car seat there)

In the small rear bin in the back I keep my reusable shopping bags from Fresh and Easy as well as their weekly coupons they always give me.

I keep a lot of stuff in my car but it's all tucked away so she still looks clean!

9. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I notice that guns are found in vehicles that hail from 'free' states.

California take note.

10. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    iPod
    iPhone
    extra reading and sun glasses
    Leatherman tool

11. KandyRedCoi