1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Timing Cover Oil Leak

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by The Critic, Aug 28, 2015.

1. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I had my 2011 on the lift tonight for a quick oil change and tire rotation. The current mileage is 115k. During the inspection, I discovered that I had a small timing cover oil leak.

Mine is very similar to the one in this post, but to a much smaller level:
    Timing cover oil leak | Page 3 | PriusChat

How much are you folks paying to have this resealed? My labor guide is showing 14.2 hours with engine removal being required, which is going to be a lot of money at $160/hr (dealer rate).

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That was our 2011. I got it repaired under the 60 month/60k warranty, but I might not of repaired it if I had to use the extended warranty we also paid for (use once, then done).

I believe the consensus opinion was monitor your oil level and don't worry about it. Especially if your oil leak is even lighter than the pics of mine, pre reseal.

The dealer here quoted $1700 for out of warranty work. Independent garage probably cheaper.