1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Timothy Treadwell Deserves a Salute.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My Glock holds 15 rounds. I figure at least ten of those will hit center of mass if I have time to get it out. Don;'t want to shoot for the head unless you have a shotgun or high-power rifle! Also those shotguns are the preferred weapon of choice but they are so damn heavy. I have no idea if a 9 is enough but at least he will have to work for his meal. ;) Your right, in the backcountry Bear isn't much of a threat they will turn tail and run most of the time and some will hang for a bit out of curousity but thats all. However, the closer to civilization you get the more acclimated they are to humans and some become a bit miffed if you walk past them or through their area without any treats. I have actually seen a tourist stripped of his jacket by a bear because he had or the Bear thought he had treats in it left from a prior feeding. The Bear was none to gentle but the tourii wasn't hurt too bad. The local sheriff hunted him for two days but then gave up otherwise he would have shot him as Montana has zero tolerance for that type of behavior. The bear that is, not the tourist, although the tourist probably deserved it the most. :rolleyes:

Wildkow

2. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, 9mm's are accurate but I'd doubt my accuracy would be any good with even a 400lb Black bear roaring and charging at me. Shot group would probably be pretty damn pathetic. Head shot would almost certainly riccochet (sp?) on a bear.

Anyways, you're right about the proximity to civilization though. The front range here in CO is always having problems with black bears raiding trash. Probably a lot similar to the English having to endure the Vikings and Danes. :lol:

I hate when idiots get animals killed like that. I'm really surprised that Yellowstone NP isn't more of a slaughter of the tourist population. I've never understood why some DH (and I don't mean Dear Husband) would walk up to a 2200 lb bison and try to piss it off to get a photo. Those poor Bison must know what happens if they indulge themselves. Frankly I wish the Park Rangers would turn a blind eye to it. That's what the fools deserve. Might make for some exciting reality TV too. :p

3. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again:

What Godiva said! :)

4. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e