1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tint in Prius, any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by asaulo1, May 1, 2006.

1. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just had my car done by Custom Window Tint out of Mclean. They were recommended by my dealer as doing a great job. I had incredibly bad scheduling issues with them, but they did good work once I finally got them. I have a teeny tiny gap at the top...I was really impressed.

They also recommended California Tint on Rt 7 in Reston. They quoted the same price as Custom($249), and had an appt open the next day. I was about 5 mins from giving up on Custom and making an appt with California.

I spoke to the dealer during my scheduling debacle, and he said he'd never had a similar problem with them, so it may have just been a fluke (my dealer is a family friend...and has been really helpful so I have no reason to doubt him).

2. pirus_2005

pirus_2005 New Member

3. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaronw @ May 2 2006, 06:08 PM) [snapback]248822[/snapback]</div>
    Huper Optik is NOT harder to work with for the Prius because of (paraphrased quote) "the Prius's many flat windows compared to the many curved windows of European cars". This comes from my installer. He slide the tint like smoothing the sheets on a bed, nice and smooth. The only part he had to heat-gun/shrink was the top of back window, but that took like 5 minutes and very lightly.

I suggest a better installer if the one you have can't even work with Huper, even if you're not installing it.

The higher price is because it's a film using better/more-expensive technology. You get what you pay for, sometimes. I paid $450 total for every window (even the little triangular sides) tinted except the lower rear and the front, so your quote a rip off.

4. McShemp

McShemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NuShrike @ Aug 1 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]295867[/snapback]</div>
    I had Huper Optik 30 ceramic installed everywhere but the windshield this past weekend for $400. It was a lot of money, but it looks like it's gonna be a great investment. The car is a lot cooler - temperature-wise and looking!