1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire chains for Prius C

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Finesse, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Finesse

Finesse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Planning on visiting Yosemite next weekend, and I wanted to get a set of tire chains just in case. But living in coastal California, never really had to deal with snow before.

According to wheel size, the Thule 12mm CB12 size 050 should fit on the P175/65R15 stock tires. However, looking at the owner's manual, it says something about the side chains should be 0.12 in (3mm) in diameter and the cross chain should be 0.16in (4mm) in diameter. (page 7 of the PDF here:
    )

Would these 12mm chains not work?

Thanks for tolerating my ignorance.

2. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Personally, I wouldn't want to be driving a Prius in conditions that would require tire-chains.
    This comment is brought to you from the land of 9 months of winter, and 3 months of poor-sledding.

3. Finesse

Finesse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    It doesn't seem like I'll need them TBH, and we're only making a quick day trip out on Sunday. Drive there in the morning from the Bay Area, come back at night. But I think the sites say that the rangers might check if you have them in your car, so I wanted to order a set just in case that should fit.

4. iS~

iS~ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    i didn't get the chains but i do carry the cables just in case when i go up to tahoe. its not like it snow anymore =(