1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire Poll

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sid, Oct 26, 2005.

?
  1. The Good Year Integrity is satisfactory for my driving needs

50.0%
  2. I found them to be unsatisfactory and have replaced them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Will replace them with something else next time tires are needed

50.0%
  4. Replaced them almost immediately based on what I read at PC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Still Driving on them, I will "wait and see"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Winter tires for snow season, Integrities fine for other months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

I've had my HydroEdge tires a week now and have noticed only a slight difference in the way my car drives. I'm not seeing the slip indicator light as much as I was when driving over potholes, puddles, etc. My MPG has been way down since getting my new tires installed and I thought that this was normal. My average last week was ~47 MPG, which sucks I know. So this afternoon while at the gas station my husband and I decided to check the tire pressure. Front tires were at 26 and rear tires were 25!!!! :angry: How this happened is beyond me. I knew I should have checked after the new tires were installed, but I was busy and never got around to doing so. For a week I've been driving around Houston (g_d awful roads, if I do say) on 26/25! After increasing the pressure to 42/40 and driving around Houston some more this afernoon, my MPG is now at 56.8! :) :)

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I replaced my original Integrity’s at 33,000 miles with another set of new car takeoff Integrity’s that I bought here on Priuschat. I had no problems with them in rain, snow or ice, the outer tread was worn down to the bars. I had the new set siped and have driven them about 1500 miles, the MPG has increased but the weather has warmed up too, so I can’t really attribute that to the tires. I do notice that the ride is much better than the old set was at 40-42, this maybe because of the siping. Now I’m ready for another 35,000 miles.

3. GaryRW

GaryRW New Member

Michelin X's are at the top of my list, also. I have run Michelin X-Ones on my Taurus for 5 years and they are the best tires ever! They seemed to defy compromises most tires make highlighting wet/dry, noise/traction, ride/treadlife. They were better than other Michelin's I've owned over the years. I only needed two, but I was so impressed that I went back and bought two more for the rear even though they had plenty of life left.

That nitrogen is a very good service. Also important is to not use cheap air compressors that don't dry the compressed air Over time the water will cause corrosion of the inside of aluminum rims and the bead area will leak air.

4. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Couldn't get my hydroedge tires on fast enough. Had then previously on a saturn LS1 and thought they made a world of difference in quietness and handling.
    ditto for the prius. shame on my dealer for being uncooperative about upgrading my tires!
    just have to tinker with the inflation. trying to run them at 37/35 had lowered the mileage.