1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire pressure light on, then off.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by SoShoreKen, Jul 30, 2017.

1. SoShoreKen

SoShoreKen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    So today at work my tire pressure light came on, not blinking. It stayed on for awhile and as I drove home it went off and has not come back on.

I looked and could'nt find any nails or anything in the tires.

This happen to anyone else? Is there an issue I need to watch for?

I know if it blinks its a sensor issue but it did'nt blink.

Thanks.

2. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    check your tire pressure, some could be low. Its on when its below a certain air pressure, then it'll go away once its at the minimum air pressure for the tire.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    The light will go off when you drive because the tires heat up and the pressure rises. Wait for at least a few hours after driving (overnight is best) and check the tire pressures. Inflate as necessary.

4. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Happens to me about 50% of the time because the idiots at the oil change places do not understand what "cold inflation" means.... De-airing a HOT tire is not to be done, unless it is over inflated by such an amount as to be unsafe. That would be greater than the "MAX COLD" pressure on the tire's sidewall.