1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire Pressure Monitor

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by 2020XLEAWD, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah check pressure on all four.

2. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    On my car the picture is upside down, Front and rear reversed from the image. That problem will switch at every visit to the dealer as the tires will be rotated. Oh well, such is modern technology.

Jeff

Raytheeagle and Salamander_King like this.
  3. Prius-newbie

Prius-newbie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    The TPMS sensors position has to be relearn in order to display correctly. Dealer did not relearn the id of the sensors to the ECU when they rotate the wheels

4. StevefromOhio

StevefromOhio Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My tire warning light went on the other day as the outside air temperature dropped to the mid 40's. I check the air pressure in my tires every month. Seems the outside air temperature does have an effect on the inside air pressure. I run my Bridgestone Touranza tires at 34 PSI...I could go higher but then the ride gets too harsh and I find the extra little bit of MPG not worth the sacrifice of ride quality. Checked the air pressure after the light went on and found all 4 tires dropped to 27 PSI....so I pumped up to 34 PSI as they originally were.
    Not going to raise the pressure any higher as I am happy with 55.6 MPG average over 38,000 miles!

5. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Well yes, of course it does.
    Was that "last week" also last year ?
    It hasn't been in the 40s here since about March.

6. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2020 RAV4H manual talks about reading tire pressures on the Toyota App, and also on the console, but so far I do not see the pressures. I got the lowly SE model so I am not sure I get the capability, or if that might be a software update.

My new car tire pressures held 42 all year since March (haven't checked lately since it is cooler now). I was wondering if Toyota is putting N2 in there, which would be good idea for new car tire. No green valve caps though.