1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire pressure sensors. Any replacement that does not require reprogramming?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by rjp123, Aug 3, 2019.

1. NewHybridOwner

NewHybridOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If it is the whole sensor that needs replacing, you may find a tire shop that will (for a not-outrageous price) install, and reprogram the car to recognize, a genuine Denso replacement sensor that you purchase yourself. I haven't done exactly this, but I have found that when I bought el cheapo wheels from my local midwest-chain tire store to use for my snow tires, they were quite happy to install the Denso sensors I had bought on Amazon.

2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I get the Denso's off Amazon and have them installed. I usually use Techstream so I know which tire. I do not have a cheap place, the cheapest I get is $30 install when I supply the TPMS. And I still get the $30 if I am replacing the tires, which irks me. I am probably not going that place anymore. But TPM$ are a pain when the start going on you.

Not on the Prius, but my Chrysler minivan I had the corrosion issue on the stem almost had a blow out on the road. But I coud get off and put on spare.

3. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Have you tried walfart? They are usually cheaper on prices. I know they do change TPM's, but not sure
    what the cost is. But they are just a phone call away.